Norfolk Police and exhaust noise

James, If the courts / Police want to be really anal about it.... Yes. There are a lot of things which we have on our cars which, would be illegal, if it was thoroughly looked into, but obviously the courts would collapse with the weight of it all.

Dublet, that was a touching thought. Thanks :D

Awesome!! Maybe you technically were guilty but all that matters is that you got off! No fine and No points!

Well done for seeing it through Mr. Wimpole.........

This ^^ :)

Best i dont go to Norfolk ;):sofa:

Single Vehicle Approval. It's the certificate you get after having your imported car tested to ensure its road worthiness. I do believe it's been replaced with another TLA (Three Letter Acronym).

Single Vehicle Approval. It's the certificate you get after having your imported car tested to ensure its road worthiness. I do believe it's been replaced with another TLA (Three Letter Acronym).

And what happens when you are the 8th owner of a vehicle since Import, such as myself, and any such paperwork is long since lost in the mists of time!?! Personaly I'd never even heard of such a form till now, so if asked for it I would have just stared blankly!

Points for the hairy gentleman in the corner holding the bar of corded soap.

And what happens when you are the 8th owner of a vehicle since Import, such as myself, and any such paperwork is long since lost in the mists of time!?! Personaly I'd never even heard of such a form till now, so if asked for it I would have just stared blankly!

Get an IVA5 form from the VOSA: http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/forms/vehicletestforms/vehicletestforms.htm

'Send it to the test station where it was originaly tested' How the feck are you supposed to know that! :o And of course it costs :angry: ...though the page that tells you how much convienientley does not exist! Sod it, I'll just claim ignorance if ever asked, I bet 90 odd percent of people who own imported cars have no idea about this. Thinking about it my Bike is also an Import, but there is a certificate of some sort in amongst its paperwork that was issued at time of import.

Even if you had this stuff though who really carries it around in the car :blink: I perposly keep NO paperwok in the car on the basis that if it got stolen your going to need it all to proove ownership etc!

'Send it to the test station where it was originaly tested' How the feck are you supposed to know that! :o And of course it costs :angry: ...though the page that tells you how much convienientley does not exist! Sod it, I'll just claim ignorance if ever asked, I bet 90 odd percent of people who own imported cars have no idea about this. Thinking about it my Bike is also an Import, but there is a certificate of some sort in amongst its paperwork that was issued at time of import.

Even if you had this stuff though who really carries it around in the car :blink: I perposly keep NO paperwok in the car on the basis that if it got stolen your going to need it all to proove ownership etc!

This is what I wondered as I also have no such cert.....I will also plead ignorance......lol

Ignorance is no defence in the eyes of the law.

very true so if my car was imported with lets say for example a hks silent exhaust running at 102db at 3/4 revs and i have the sva does this mean il be able to hold up 2 fingers when i get pulled by the police ??

if this is the case then all those imported cars that have come into the country with said certificates with these exhausts fitted are going to be absolutely fine ;)

now wouldnt that be a handy little loophole :lol:

Very well played sir! Barring a miracle that was as good as you were going to get. Most of the magistrates and court clerks do a pretty reasonable job given the pond life they have to deal with all day and the shackles they are subject to. When they get someone articulate who has done their homework being pursued by a couple of lazy plod they can see whats going on. However the fitting of most custom style exhausts is simply illegal under this legislation. Sad but true.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.