Pulled over for "excessive noise"

I got advisory on my mot, exhaust a little loud

also a heard whooping and laughing from the workshop while i was waiting in reception when they did the emmissions :sofa: the middleaged tester couldnt resist giving it a few blips when he brought it out of the workshop to park it :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iv had advisories on two mots for noisy exhaust.

thing is though motorbikes are alot more noiser than cars with an aftermarket system and a bike is more like a high pitched scream anyway and they don't seem to have any problems!

Can't believe there are many bikes that would pass that ,everyone I hear sounds loud as fuck,sports can or not.

About time the police spent some time tugging East Europeans with no licences or insurance, instead of ticking over their time and paperwork quotas with patronisingly ambiguous "laws" that are more open to interpretation than anything else.

dont feel hard done by, bikers get just as much pulling, if not more if it a sports bike, its the frigin choppers that take the piss with slash exhausts }

Edited by Mr Rizla

dont feel hard done by, bikers get just as much pulling, if not more if it a sports bike, its the frigin choppers that take the piss with slash exhausts }

Nowt against you 2 wheel power ranger impersonators :lol:

More about the vagueries of the law tbh

Biggy might knock you off though LOL

Nowt against you 2 wheel power ranger impersonators :lol:

More about the vagueries of the law tbh

Biggy might knock you off though LOL

a biggy would need to catch me 1st, and b nobody see's me in my power ranger

outfix except Jan:)

Haha i am forever being pulled on my ZZR for my Race cans but there is a legal limit for bikes and that is 92db on the road but the choppers have got to be exceeding that, i have only ever been told "please could you make a concerted effort to keep to low revs while in built up/residential areas" now don't get me wrong this is fair as they are not classed as road legal (came with a sticker that they leave with good faith for you to apply which reads "competition use only") as they are straight through cans but god do they sound good :D and 9 out of 10 cops don't know jack about the laws anyway :thumbs:

Edited by Ant Baker

See, now that kinda thing from the Police really pisses me off. I had the same kinda thing happen to me by some fucking retard off duty copper who followed me onto my driveway. He was the one who gave me the producer for my horn not working - technically it did. He left our 'discussion' by saying that he would leave it for 3 days until he was back on duty to let me know if he was going to do me for reckless driving.

When I took my signed paperwork for the producer to the cop shop, I told the officer who I was dealing with about the cop and what he had said on my driveway. He said I should make a formal complaint.

By saying he 'may' check up on you is neither one thing or the other. He either has an official problem with your car or he is taking the piss and messing you around.

An off duty police officer in civilian clothes and I'm guessing his own vehicle is playing a dangerous legal game pulling you. Get the complaint in with the correct authorities mate. They have to be in uniform and in a police vehicle.

did u know, most riders wearing 1 piece suits wear a undersuit, like a king size babygrow, or is that just me :)

That’s just you, good old faithful T-shirt for me but bikes do get a hard time for pipe, plates and dark visors. You only have to go to a big bike meet somewhere and the police and DVLA are out in force making a packet in fines and try to catch them out.

Just a matter of interest a free wheeling chain driven motorbike with the engine off produces 86db and max limit for race bikes is anything up 105db depending on the track.

I know for the iphones you can down load a db app which is very accurate so if you’re wondering how load you are you can use that but make sure you don’t get sound reflection off walls etc. Dorris

They measured the Exhaust volume at 45 deg from the tip, 500mm from the tip, 200mm high up from the ground.

that would be the 98db max ,surprised they actually had a noise meter .if they used a phone app then it would never stand up in court ,no calibration certificate

I think the trick is to drive quietly past the 5-0.

I didn't think there was a set, hard and fast limit. I just thought it had to be in keeping when the car? So my classic rally car is allowed to make more noise than a corsa :D

I think the trick is to drive quietly past the 5-0.

I didn't think there was a set, hard and fast limit. I just thought it had to be in keeping when the car? So my classic rally car is allowed to make more noise than a corsa :D

That's pretty much what mr plod said he interpreted this literature to read, he went on with some waffle about scoobys having loud exhausts as standard so he leaves them alone!!

I was in my mates lightly modified Pug 306 when he got pulled for his exhaust.

Took 2 readings, the first one clocking 90/91db, at 3500rpm, the second clocking at 89db at 4000rpm. Got a £30 fine and asked to swap the exhaust. The cop was so determined to nick him, he didn't even notice that a numberplate light was out which he could of got a warning or something for. Just shows how narrow track minded cops are.

Quite a few of my other mates have got done for even louder exhausts, one clocking 150db!

The only thing was none of the japanese cars were pulled over for 'excessive noise'... seems weird really as then its quite unfair, though im not complaining :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.