Types of wheel nuts

TRD2008

ok im not bothered what they are made out of just as long as they look good.

Another member said to put copper grease on the nuts every time you take them off so that they dont get stuck and shear off

C

Well you were asking for advice if they were any good, then you say you don't care if they are any good as long as they look nice :shrug:

AFAIK ali wheel nuts have now been banned form almost all forms of motosport, i know i wouldn't risk holding my wheels on with ali nuts

You can still get nice steel nuts, these are the ones i have got

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2564d79905

And being tuner nuts the colour won't chip off the outside as the removal key fits down the bore of the nut, so they stay looking nice no matter how many times you take them off

Hay dude thanks for the advice, i didnt mean it as in "i dont care" i meant i dont care what they are made out of as long as someone can recommend me a good set. I didnt think of steel ones

Thanks rpsmith i will have a look

C

Well you were asking for advice if they were any good, then you say you don't care if they are any good as long as they look nice :shrug:

AFAIK ali wheel nuts have now been banned form almost all forms of motosport, i know i wouldn't risk holding my wheels on with ali nuts

And being tuner nuts the colour won't chip off the outside as the removal key fits down the bore of the nut, so they stay looking nice no matter how many times you take them off

they look good

Im after gold though...

You could go for steel tuner nuts and paint the outside gold as mentioned above they have the key located inside so the exterior painted surface should never get scratched - you'd also be able to get the exact shade of gold you were looking for.

Oh did i mention i have a set of plain chromed steel tuner nuts for sale in the for sale section?? hint hint LOL

Edited by keef-b

I had short D1 nuts.

Never again, took the wheel off twice, stripped threads, not matter how lightly I did it the colour came off.

Wouldn't trust them, got some nice black steel ones now - no issues.

X2 i have them to in black . would never use ally nuts :)

Will these be any good and will they fit on my aftermarket wheels?? mine have started rust only been on since christmas.

My D1 short nuts stripped after two tightening/loosening. Absolute shit. I wanted them for show but now I would never use ally ones ever again. Steel or forged steel all the way. ;)

That's exactly what happened to mine!!! Complete junk.

Have to agree on the Ali nuts, my black Rays set were nothing but trouble. They had a habit of loosening themselves off and the final straw was being towed by the AA after the rear wheel came loose on a drive home one night.....

I have fitted a set of steel nuts over the winter and am sure they will be fine once the car is back on the road next month.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.