What came in the Post Today?

c.a.r.

a nice new set of mtec dipped bulbs as i had started noticing my lights have been flickering a few times but when i go back they have been in the car near near 2.5 years so not bad for lightbulbs an as MTEC have served me well i thought why not stick with them .

gallery_38304_1706_33757.jpg

A week ago these showed up, 4£50p all in posted off of Aliexpress lol. Quality is great and they even have a wee rubber o-ring inside :) got a set for each colour rims haha.temporary_zpsldsitrkq.jpg

• Like 1

A week ago these showed up, 4£50p all in posted off of Aliexpress lol. Quality is great and they even have a wee rubber o-ring inside :) got a set for each colour rims haha.

They look fab.

But if they're made of metal (?) be sure to apply a little grease to the threads and don't do up too tight.

They look fab.

But if they're made of metal (?) be sure to apply a little grease to the threads and don't do up too tight.

yea Debs, polished and anodized steel. Wee smear of Vaseline on the valves first ;) then the outside with NAVIWAX :)

yea Debs, polished and anodized steel. Wee smear of Vaseline on the valves first ;) then the outside with NAVIWAX :)

A few years ago i had a bad experience with metal valve caps, three of them seized on solid, had to buy new valves.

They'd only been on for a couple of months in a very cold winter,

use to leave the tyre pressure check that long in those days, ...me bad :xmas_rolleyes:

Today Last week this arrived via Amazon uk [ ...£28.99 to include delivery]

91zAKUERbkL._SL1500_.jpg

One reason i choose this particular foot pump is due to the 4.8 out of 5 star reviews on Amazon.

It's okay just about better than average build quality and good for pumping up the tyres, but the gauge is very inaccurate & vague, seems to under-read by a couple of psi.

So looks like a need for a good accurate pressure gauge too - any recommendations?

Debs

Today Last week this arrived via Amazon uk [ ...£28.99 to include delivery]

91zAKUERbkL._SL1500_.jpg

One reason i choose this particular foot pump is due to the 4.8 out of 5 star reviews on Amazon.

It's okay just about better than average build quality and good for pumping up the tyres, but the gauge is very inaccurate & vague, seems to under-read by a couple of psi.

So looks like a need for a good accurate pressure gauge too - any recommendations?

Debs

cant beat a good powered compressor or failing that use shell or BP machine to pump your tyres up , i check mine every month at shell and if nessary put some air into them

Edited by celica1977

cant beat a good powered compressor or failing that use shell or BP machine to pump your tyres up , i check mine every month at shell and if nessary put some air into them

no i mean recommendations for a hand held pressure gauge!

I obviously do use garage facilities :rolleyes: ...when in the locality ,

but bare in mind some of us live in remote parts, my nearest garage air line is 16 country miles away.

And only last week when i went into a Tesco garage to fill up and check my tyre pressures:

Remove valve caps [in the rain]

put 20p into the air line machine - nothing happened, machine don't work [probably too stuffed full of money]

i couldn't get the air line machine to work, or get my 20p back,

put valve caps back on [while getting wet in even heavier rain].

drive away having spent 20p to get wet, and without being able to check my tyre pressures., oh how i laughed... :angry:

Then on the way home i had an accident due to incorrect tyre pressure which resulted in my death, now i'm an angry ghost come back to haunt the Tesco garage that caused my untimely demise due to their dysfunctional 20 bleeding pence robbing bandit air line machine xss11.gif

• Like 3

but bare in mind some of us live in remote parts, my nearest garage air line is 16 country miles away.

And only last week when i went into a Tesco garage to fill up and check my tyre pressures:

put 20p into the air line machine - nothing happened, machine don't work [probably too stuffed full of money]

drive away having spent 20p to get wet, and without being able to check my tyre pressures., oh how i laughed... :angry:

Then on the way home i had an accident due to incorrect tyre pressure which resulted in my death, now i'm an angry ghost come back to haunt the Tesco garage that caused my untimely demise due to their dysfunctional 20 bleeding pence robbing bandit air line machine xss11.gif

A few months ago I had a similar experience, noticed one of my rear tyres was very low on air, drove to Shell garage just up the road from work. No cash for airline. Garage had cash machine outside - out of order. Went into shop to see if I could get some cash off my card. Attendant wouldn't do it. Offered to buy something or fill up with petrol to get cashback, attendant refused. Explained my tyre was dangerously low pressure, still refused - not policy to give cashback.

Had to drive home and sort it out there (yes I suppose I could have put the spare on but it was filthy weather).

Meant to write snotty letter to Shell but of course never did.....

You should write to Tesco, I used to deal with them a lot in my old career, they are very considerate, explain that due to the situation and the weather you ended having an accident being a regular shopper there and you may not shop in there stores again, highlight that you are considering writing a blog on CCUK outlining your disappointment or that you already have, guarantee you get something for it, will be worth the time writing a letter as they have a standard amount they give to protect there rep (more than my weekly shop in value for a home of five ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

just recieved a large sheet of 3M black carbon scotchprint 1080 vinyl ready to wrap the uprated bonnet scoop , finally ... hope to have it wrapped this weekend and the following weekend to fit it and then its ready for the new forest celica meet ... 1st mod for 2016 .. but havent done it yet lol

just recieved a large sheet of 3M black carbon scotchprint 1080 vinyl ready to wrap the uprated bonnet scoop , finally ... hope to have it wrapped this weekend and the following weekend to fit it and then its ready for the new forest celica meet ... 1st mod for 2016 .. but havent done it yet lol

post-40822-0-20901500-1452161802.jpg

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.