hammerite enough for calipers...?

+1 for Hammerite, if you prep the calipers properly and make sure they are oil and grease free, give them liberal coats and allow them to dry properly then Hammerite will give a good long-lasting tough finish that'll last for years. Cheaper than VHT paint too ;)

thats good news. am in the middle of refurbing the twin pots i got off AMS... to be honest one of them is in particularly bad shape. i took the seals off the pistons today and there is all sorts of rust and crap in there - so much for plug and play!!

have a litre of black gloss hammerite here so all's well :D

Mmmm... looking at bigg red site im thinking about just sending all four calipers off to them for a refurb. Pricing up two sets of refurb kits at ~£60 for both axles, 4 new sets of sliding pins/bolts at ~£11 a caliper, bleed screws at £9 for 4. That totals almost £120 in parts alone. Then have the faff of cleaning, prepping, painting and then the actual work of refitting all the seals.

Anyone had calipers done by them? Idea on prices? Only trouble is they would come back silver or gold instead of black but such is life.

big red charged me £330 for all four including shipping back, cannot fault the work and the brake feel is way better, must of needed a good service, now all as new, so should hold up for a good while now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.