Dial kit for T Sport

i sent mine straight to diablo7772 as he does this as a side line, less hassle for me as i am crap at soldering and skewer sent the template straight to him.

worth a shout for both of the work they do as its faultless

skewers design from what i asked him to do for me.

They were £96.85 all in from Mook. It was £85 for the dial faces, and I also bought the LEDs from him and there was postage too, hence the total price.

I don't think thats a bad price considering that Mook makes you your own one off design to whatever spec you want (I sent him a sketch), cuts it on his plotter and assembles every set by hand. Very painstaking work. The quality is incredible though so hats off to Mook! :)

As for changing the LEDs. If you've done something like this before (changing LEDs in your climate control etc) then it is possible to do, but you gotta be very careful! If its your first go, get Diablo to do it for you. He did some tiny little LEDs for me on my old 140 stereo and did a good job so I recommend him :)

Here's mine, my fav mod by far:

IMGP1760.jpg

Serratia, Liking the style and the lift markings on your rev counter. Does your needle change colour too?

Also, looking towards Mook and Diablo here. I've seen rev needles and counters that illuminate an LED when you hit lift (e.g. glow red), would it be possible to do a two stage version? Where it would go yellow or amber when in lift and then red a couple of hundred rpm before the redline.

What'd you think?

Cheers mate. The needles don't change colour, but they look different as they are from a mk1 Hyundai coupe. They hold the red colour so much better than the celica ones. I got sick of trying different paints and techniques to try and get my celica needles a nice red colour and just took a punt on these and they fit perfectly.

They look different as they are from a mk1 Hyundai coupe. They hold the red colour so much better than the celica ones.

That explains it. Thought the cover in the centre looked a bit more oval shaped. Clever idea.

Was fitting it all a bugger too? I've got a few ideas for them but would definitely have to shunt it to someone like Diablo to execute any wiring or fitting.

Serratia, Liking the style and the lift markings on your rev counter. Does your needle change colour too?

Also, looking towards Mook and Diablo here. I've seen rev needles and counters that illuminate an LED when you hit lift (e.g. glow red), would it be possible to do a two stage version? Where it would go yellow or amber when in lift and then red a couple of hundred rpm before the redline.

What'd you think?

Hi Serratia, I've just ordered the same dials as yours but without the yellow surrounds, light grey for me, (silver car), they look so damn'd good i couldn't resist, thanks for posting up your pics,looking forward to getting these fitted. :D

Where do u guys reckon I could have celica with the car outline and GT logo On the dials? Both would look nice but can't seem to decide where they could go. Would be nice to have both the dials matching? Like celica and gt at the same place on both dials?

What do u think?

Edited by Gstraw

No problem Oaksey, glad you like them. Mook and I spent a while getting them exactly how I wanted them. Top bloke, really does a quality job.

Fitting is the dials is easy, its swapping the smts that's very fiddly. I used a standard soldering iron tip, not knowing that you can get smaller ones which is what might have made it a bit easier. If you do a search you should find my old posts detailing the fitting.

Here's a pic of my old dials, look awful don't they!

IMGP1431-1.jpg

And here is a pic of the circuitboard as I was halfway through changing to the white smts. You have to swap 23 smts. You can see the 10 that I have swapped that are lit up. But if you look where the LCD panel sits showing your fuel and temp, there are 13 more to do there. In the pic you can see there are 4 New smts fitted in this area but they are not lit, it took me a while to work out they will only light up when you reconnect the LCD display. I spent a while swapping them around and trying to get to work before I realised this! If this is your first time I would allow a full day to do this including painting your needles and recalibrating using a satnav

IMGP1433.jpg

I also swapped my headlight, fog light and seatbelt warning light for pink! You can also my old needles in this pic that I wasn't happy with.

pink5.jpg

Edited by Serratia

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.