I need to prove my wife wrong re: child seats in g7

Hi,

I have just found out I am going to be a dad and my first thought was .... How the hell am I going to get a child seat in the back of my 2000 g7 ?

Now the wife wants me to get rid and I have promised her a new born child seat will fit?

I have heard romours that Toyota do a seat? Is this true ?

Also does it have iso fix points? ( I do not know what these are tbh)

So anyone have advice on what seat to get for a new born and a picture of a seat fitted may actually save me from buying a ....gulp!.....family car:(

Cheers guys and gals

Oh and happy new year all !

Jonah

Congratulations and happy new year. Yes there are child seat attachment points. Check your owners manual and ask local Toyota. :) Btw remember the sun roof you wanted from me? If you want it that is.

Edited by Zorg

Still got it sitting in garage. :) you can have it for £20. You are aware it has rust points!? Which can be repared. You going to a meet soon? Maybe I can bring it there.

Edited by Zorg

Congratulations to you both.

I've never looked to see if my TS has Isofix points but I do have a Toyota branded child seat which fitted into my wife's Corollas, T180 and Rav4s. It was made by Britax and very good. £200.

I found this on NC which might help.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=330257

Pretty sure the UK cars don't have the ISOfix child seat anchor points, whereas the American models do (as they are mandatory on all cars with rear seats). There are instructions on a label attached to the seatbelts in the rear of the car, something about extending the belt to it's full extent so it locks....

Thanks guys

Right yeah definitely no isofix thank you for the links

I am on the hunt then for the Toyota child seat ( my local Coventry mr t are useless ) does any body know if they still make them or have a part number?

Also can I turn off the passenger air bags?

you can by unplugging it from under the dash!! dunno if that will make yours not work too though! :shrug:

But congrats on your balls working well fella! :thumbs:

Why do they need to be special seats, surely you can find a seat out there that will fit???

I tried to put my niece in the back and her car seat did not fit properly due to the bucket style so rather play it safe and get a seat specifically made for the car or approved would never forgive my self if anything were to happen and the seat did not fit properly.

Just disconnecting the airbag will lead to a fault light on the gauge cluster for SRS. You'll need to connect a suitable resistor inline to fool the ECU into thinking the airbag is there and working properly ;) AFAIK there is no way to just switch them on/off on these.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.