fao

You know in the States mate, Subaru's are affectionately known as cars for lesbians. Seriously.

really??? lol ah thats funny,i brought up the whole wrc history of the celica whooping subaru,didnt like that very much,his response was,your going back about 15 years ago and toyota aint even in the wrc anymore,shows you how good toyota are aye,i was like yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn lol

lol @ susan boyle

Edited by looney

is the gt gen 7 much quicker than the gt gen 6 ? just out of intrest,and can the gen 7 gt be easly tuned?

We settled this ages ago when at pod when CCUK raced a Gen 6 GT against a Gen 7 Celica GT.

Cant remember the drivers now but i think the young kid won ;)

Edited by Adam190

dont toyota own a large part of subaru now like 50% as they were going under until toyota came to save them? lol

plus i wouldnt even bother racing them just wait untill they have near on 50k miles on the clock and just laugh as there shit engine made of chocolate goes pop and he has a bill for £2.5k for a replacement.

friend of mine had a pink badge JDM version (surpose to be special???) with about 80k miles on the clock and the only thing that he hadnt have change was the turbo. had a new gear box, 3 engines and most of the running gear had broken in that time. he got so pissed off that it had cost him about £24k in 4 years that he then sold it and bought a gen 4 celica well he looked round for a BMW M3.

at the end of the day there big and there not clever, the engine is to highly strung and will go wrong with big bills way before your celica does so dont worry about it.

what also made me laugh is when he sad supras are also crap (starting to think he has it in for toyotas) he said they alrite in a straight line but come to a bend and there shit..... really???? supras are the daddy in my eyes,but no a pink sti scooby is much better so ive been told lol

do toyota really own 50% of subaru then?? please say yes more ammo lol

Edited by looney

Toyota certainly own a chunk of Subaru, as for your 'mate', tell him your fed up with all the shit, if he keeps on with it then stop hangin around with him. It's fair game for a bit of ribbing as a laugh but it sounds pretty childish how he's going on now! Best not to rise to it though mate!

having owned a celica and a scooby i can safely tell you the celica wins hands down in my book, yes its not as quick but its N/A not a turbo so it wont be, but it looks so much better, it is a nicer place to sit and drive, it handles better, plus it still gets admiring looks.

see a scooby and i straight away think Chav

But then i drive a focus ST now so i might be a chav :laugh2:

Just ask him how many miles he gets to the gallon in his Scooby, then just sit back and laugh in his face................. that should shut him up for a while

well we both live in kent and one night we went over to south end which is about 80 miles they and back i guess,i had just above the petrol light amount of fuel aready in,i put a tenner in to his 25 quid,but he just says its worth it cos he doesnt get done by corsas etc but i always remind him that it doesnt matter what car you have they will always be someone faster than you,sure buy a scooby or evo,then along comes a r34 skyline and its kiss your ass god bye,so its losein battle,thats also the way i look at it now,saying that tho i would love a gt4 to muller his scooby :)

The Celica is the car I'd rather own.

I have a friend with a track prepared Imprezza, Its pretty quick, recon ist got the same sort of shove as my Faff.

Anyway we were both at a track day and I gave him a go of my Volvo 340, and without asking him, he said it was more fun than his scooby! I was quite happy about that, Its only got 70bhp.

Its a bit of a dangerous suggestion but maybe you should give this guy a shot of a Celica, it might change his mind.

I dont think you can even listen to anyone's opinion on a car unless you know the've actualy driven one.

Scooby's Understear anyway (aparently, but I wouldnt know ;) )

well gen 6 will be kept up by a 7 but its not easy to drive everywhere with a bazzillion revs on it so real world the 6 wins ,,,, until you come to a petrol station , horses for courses

you scooby mate simply thinks the sun shines out of scoobys arse , the real world is there cars as unreliable , bloody expensive to run , the king of chav and simply no-where near the suspect reputation , eddy murphy sums it up well from his raw dvd back in the day , `` theres a rumour going around that ive got a 12 inch cock ..... i know ..... i started it `` that kindda explains the reputation , yeah they go well but just not for long , give um a bit and its 30 thousand mile rebuilds , give it alot and lets call it 15 shall we that is unless its the 2.5 at which point it will go bang before this even , exterior there a soddin taxi with funky lights and a spoiler , a massive understatemet of intent , all go and no show in a world where you cant use the go , cleverrrrrrrr , the interior is also a delight if your blind but if not a cheap tacky mess , to me theres simply better out there , better looking , better go , better everything really , the only good thing i have to say about them are there cheap to buy , beyond that there just another to me

i remember having a scooby on an island im my old beams , it sounded like it was doing about 9000 rpm and yet i still went bye bye , wasnt much in it but it cheered me up no end , also my friends 280 brake special edition 300 ( yeah i dont get it either ) can keep up with my old cs , just as bloody well really concidering hes into it at 10 grand

ask your mate if he wants to buy my bro inlaws impreza engine off him, no doubt he'll need it shortly :laugh2:

if you were closer i would come down and show him what the back end of a celica looks like :laugh2:

oh look, don't have too!! :bye1:

I better keep out of this being a Scooby owner and a T Sport owner,the down side for the Impreza is to many young

chavs like your mates can now afford them but dont know how to drive them,my McRae never gets raced its rare so gets treated with more

respect

Dont listen to the chavs saying ur Celica is slow or rubbish the cars are in two completely different classes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.