fao

I can't comment regarding who is faster but:

You can't really tune a G7 whether it be a 140/190GT/T-sport all you can do realistically is get it supercharged from Se7en, anything else i.e. Turbo charging it, new ecu's etc. cost more money than it's worth.

Edited by LiamGTR

Me mate had a Gen 6 GT and the Gen6 is quicker accelerating due to more torque but then the Gen 7 catches up after a distance.

The gen7 isnt very easy to tune due to the rubbish ECU also is very expensive to moddify aswell as Ive learned.

Looney, just keep yer 6 and love it, it's gorgeous and fast enough innit smile.gif

true mate,for about 10 months now my freind whos got a scooby keeps sayin how slow my car is and basically putting celicas down for last 2 years,i would love to just whoop his ass just to shut him up lol he thinks nothing beats scoobys and that scoobys are the best rally car ever made and how gt4s are slow etc does my head in,i really cant stand scoobys and round my way there everywhere and he hangs out with a little scooby crew lol just wish i could show them all up for disin celicas cos im just fed up with it now,everytime i go out there always about and always try it on sitting up my ass,its starting to get annoying.

Edited by looney

true mate,for about 10 months now my freind whos got a scooby keeps sayin how slow my car is and basically putting celicas down for last 2 years,i would love to just whoop his ass just to shut him up lol he thinks nothing beats scoobys and that scoobys are the best rally car ever made and how gt4s are slow etc does my head in,i really cant stand scoobys and round my way there everywhere and he hangs out with a little scooby crew lol just wish i could show them all up for disin celicas cos im just fed up with it now,everytime i go out there always about and always try it on sitting up my ass,its starting to get annoying.

Brake hard when you see that cat run across the road and leave a Celica Back bumper impression on the front of their Scooby. Don't let them get to you, or even think about getting a Gen7, as Scoobys can have those for breakfast too ;)

Brake hard when you see that cat run across the road and leave a Celica Back bumper impression on the front of their Scooby. Don't let them get to you, or even think about getting a Gen7, as Scoobys can have those for breakfast too ;)

i have thought about brakeing a few times but the twats that drive them would prob just go into the back off me,i live in a small area where everyone knows each other and theres at least 7 scoobys always out and about,and when they see me its like im pray for them,ive held my own a couple times but now i just cant be bothered,but would love to just piss all over them,im fed up with the insults towards celicas,or the just driving along then looking in my mirror cin a bonnet scoop up my ass,they do the whole backing off thing then full boost up ya trumpet

Cant see the point in saying GT4s are slow,you have to have a tuned STi to beat a good GT4 anyway,a WRX out of the box will be whipped by a standard GT4 all day long.I know because i've done it LOL.Doesnt help you in your 6 per se, but at least they should get their facts right.

Cant see the point in saying GT4s are slow,you have to have a tuned STi to beat a good GT4 anyway,a WRX out of the box will be whipped by a standard GT4 all day long.I know because i've done it LOL.Doesnt help you in your 6 per se, but at least they should get their facts right.

ive told him that but he wont have any off it,says they old and heavy and that evrythings shit unless its a scooby,i was thinking off pushing one off them hard maybe and hopefully one of them will blow an engine very soon ;)

i was saying how the gen 7 can be supercharged etc and he just said ah yer after you throw 5 grand at it whats the point bla bla bla "a scooby can handle 350 bhp no probs with no mods needed" and it just went on and on to the point that we re not talking now cos im just fed up with him sayin my cars a piece of shit,and even tho i dont like scoobys ive always been nice about it and said yer nice car mate about his scooby,its just a respect thing i think,but then when he says ah yer your cars well slow and its shit,i think thats a bit out of order coming from someone whos meant to be ya mate and all

Sounds like your 'mate' is a contender for the pub bullsh1t challenge!

A scooby isn't exactly what you'd call a a stylish car, its not a particularly imaginative choice of transport & is usually bought by the kind of person who's convinced that they are Colin Mcrae. Then they drive like you say your mate does, right up everyone's hoop.

Well fvck me! Other drivers think, they are like SO cool, I wish I was him!

Meanwhile, back in the real world, there are many drivers who are actually put off from buying them because of the reputation they've developed.

I personally think think the scooby falls into the same category as evo's, skylines & pulsars. Highly capable cars, one & all but lets face it they are the automotive equivalent of Susan Boyle!

The only time anyone with half a brain has looked at a scooby & though wow that looks awesome is when they've seen one catching major air on a rally stage in deepest wales!

Our cars get admiring looks standing still!

You might call a Celica the thinking driver's choice!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.