Help please

celica-190

Had a new H/G 20,000 miles ago,rad cap was loose so hopefully just that but never know.

Also had a new rad and waterpump at the same time

Have you checked oil filler cap ?

Yes mate,topped the oil up yesterday so I know thats fine,was OK this morning going to work and seem fine on the motorway,no loss of power just a but warmer

Edited by celica-90

Have u lost any water?

Yeah about 2 litres ,just topped her up again with antifreeze,water 50/50/mix going to take her for a run after a showerwink.gif

Was if definitely white smoke, this time of year most cars with spit out white vapour in the morning when the temperature drops, or was it smoking even when up to running temp

Was on way home from work after a 20 mile run on the motorway

is the rad fan kicking in??

I think so it always did,the other little fan is always on but just got back from giving it a run and no overheating but will check water level in the morning and when I get to work but I think it was me not replacing rad cap properly and it blew it off as water was all over the slam panel and heat shield and everywhere else.

So human error in the endblush.gif

You know what they say - fix the obvious problem and see if the symptom goes away.

Hopefully the rad cap was all that was wrong ... :)

Think it was as have done a 50mile round trip to work and back today and hasnt lost a drop or overheated so heres hopingwink.gif

You where lucky it didnt do any damage when it over heated and im so glad you put the anti freeze in aswell. I wonder how many this winter will have frozen and cracked blocks due to lack of anti freeze????? Dorris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.