cant find locking wheel nut!

Gstraw

Hey

I have a celica GT with the Tech 5 wheels and was about to put on some spacers that I bought of J03 but have realised I dont know where my locking wheel nut is- ive looked everywhere.

Will Mr T be able to sell me another one or anywhere else I can get the ad on for? or will I have to get the nuts cut off....oh no!

thank in advance

G

Mr T should be able to get you another, but i think you need the specific code from the locking wheelnut box.

I had to get a new locking nut for my Prius when i snapped it trying to remove a flat tyre, and had to give them the code from the box to get a new locking nut.

I'm not sure how it works if you've lost the box as well though...

As above the key number is on a piece of card in locker box. However assuming you've list this too your toyota dealer should have a full master set in which they can match the number n either get u just a key or if want em changing remove ya old ones n put a new shiny set HTH!

Regards nick

yeah the nut is with the box so that is also missing.

im so surprised! ive never lost it before. so if i dont have the code i can just go to MR T anyways? are all the locking nuts different for the GT's?

all locking nuts are different and random. kinda defeats the object of a locking nut if another GT owner could remove your locking nut :lol:

best thing to do is call or pop in to local Toyota dealer.

Have you checked the boot of the car fully, under the spare wheel, etc. etc.

Would you have ever taken it out of the car and kept it in the house? (would be a bit silly though, as you'd need it if you got a flat at the side of the road)

yeah the nut is with the box so that is also missing.

im so surprised! ive never lost it before. so if i dont have the code i can just go to MR T anyways? are all the locking nuts different for the GT's?

Yh just go down toyota mate n theyl try differnt keys til they find a match n order the number from tht. Have done it loads of times for lexus customers n its the same set for toyota and lexus

Assuming you kept it in the car, check under spare wheel, behind boot plastics, under rear seats (was amazed what i found under mine) in where the jacks kept, glove box, under front seats, door packets, center console, thats about all the places i would check before a probably expensive trip to Mr T.

The Toyota direction would seem the best way to go, but I do know that Halfords (an possibly other car factor type places) do a special tool for removing locking nuts, comes in a pack of 2 sockets and from memory seems to look like a spiral grip on the inside of the socket to grip the nut and then remove like a standard wheel nut. Not sure if you could reuse the nuts after though.

Steve :)

a lot of garages, and places like us, have kit for removing locking wheel nuts. It can damage the wheel, but if done carefuly should be OK. You can buy these kits but they are supposed to only be sold to garage type places. otherwise all the scallys would be able to remove your wheels... and locking wheel nuts would b pintless!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.