What is ment by Pre facelifted and facelifted

Gimba

Well it's not a question of good thing or not, one is simply a slightly later version. I had a pre facelift and changed it for a facelift, the pre facelift was Gen 7 and the facelift was a Gen 5, so definite improvement :lol:

No, Bill went from a Gen 7 prefacelift to a Gen 5 facelift, good call if you ask me Bill thumbs.gif

You can fit Facelifted parts to a Gen 7 though, best asking in the Gen 7 forum about what other changes there were, i think main differences were front bumper, rear lights and the colour of the interior, but i'm sure there are many more

You're reading this completely wrong.

The Gen 7 was introduced on a V plate about 1999. In about 2002 they redesigned the car using the same bodyshell. Quite a few minor changes.

I had a Gen 7 pre facelift (2001 on a 51 plate). I then sold it and bought a Gen 5 facelift (1994 on an L plate). The Gen 7 was facelifted from 52 plate onward.

You can do a few mods to make you're car look like a facelift but ultimately it's either a facelift or it's not.

Well it's not a question of good thing or not, one is simply a slightly later version. I had a pre facelift and changed it for a facelift, the pre facelift was Gen 7 and the facelift was a Gen 5, so definite improvement :lol:

Wish the forum had a like button lol

prefacelift gen 7's mainly involve a different front bumper and lip; preface having a big vent with the toyota logo inside it, and facelift having a long thin vent with the logo above it.

The interior plastics on prefacelift are a light grey and a dark grey/black in the facelift.

not really any other changes.

The lift bolts are just under the rocker cover to the left nxt to the timming chain and they engage lift at 6500 revs ie that small kick of power u get. There is a link with pictures but I'm on my iPod so can't put the link in

The lift bolts are just under the rocker cover to the left nxt to the timming chain and they engage lift at 6500 revs ie that small kick of power u get. There is a link with pictures but I'm on my iPod so can't put the link in

Brilliant, cheers, I just googled it and saw a good tutorial on how to do it, all though I only go upto 3000 lol I like my car quite, if I don't go to 6500+ is it pointless changing them?

? you only drive up to 3000 rpm ?

Go for a drive on the A12... wait 5-6 mins til the engine's warmed up, and then on an empty stretch of road push your right foot to the floor and don't take it off (traffic permitting). You'll soon know if lift is working.

If you get to 8000rpm and nothing special happens, then you need to change the lift bolts.

:lol:

Brilliant, cheers, I just googled it and saw a good tutorial on how to do it, all though I only go upto 3000 lol I like my car quite, if I don't go to 6500+ is it pointless changing them?

:o :o :o you need to go have fun with it, where do you live i will have to come ova and make u put your foot down :lol:

:lol: I would love to go full power, but I am too on edge if I get caught, 6 points on mi license I'm screwed. I will eventually ... just when I can afford more points, I've only drove for a year and half

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.