Wrinkle Finish?

Lozmachine

The effect doesn't look it's best on that cover to be fair, it looks a bit patchy.

If it's sprayed evenly it does look better, the key is not to spray it on too thickly, the far left of the cover looks like it's had too thick a coat so the paint has over wrinkled

Edited by princy

Aye, there are much nicer wrinkle-paint rocker covers than that. There's a guy on the Prelude forum will do it for you if you send him your rocker cover - so he always has one in stock ready to go when someone sends him their old one.

I just painted mine flat blue with VHT paint - not a great fan of the wrinkly look.

Thats exactly what I was going to ask John..

Was looking at it yesterday but didnt want to just go and take the top off as I dont know what I'm doing!

I've got the 7AFE engine.. anyone know a guide to taking it off?

Also, whats the proceedure for taking off Calipers?

rpsmith, from a distance it looks just kind of glittery? Looks like you done a very good job though! Looks niiiice B)

These are my Wrinkle Finish parts

The reason i went wrinkle is i didn't want to spend hours getting the surface smooth and then painting over it, wrinkle finish covers all manor of sins and if done properly looks really nice

DSC00526.JPG

DSC00527.JPG

P8149336.jpg

You been hanging around Sonic too much mate :lol:

I actually did mine in a slightly different way, i was told originally to spray one light coat and leave to dry for 24 hours, then a second heavier coat and bake it in the oven or in the sun, i tried to do it on a hot sunny day and it went really patchy

So i actually used a heatgun and went round the whole thing till i got an even wrinkle finish, took some time but i got much better results that way round as i didn't fancy putting my oily cam cover in the oven laugh.gif

did i hear my name in vain :lol:

as munky said , if it good enuff for ferarri , its good enuff for a gen 5 :lol:

here is mine

2011-09-15135916.jpg

in the flesh doesn't look so red as i have got filler dust all over my engine bay due to working on my shite gt4 bonnet , hence the bonnet was closed for the jae :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.