Grounding Kits UK...

bRinkz

Ok then, here's the story. Back in January I ordered a grounding kit from the above via this site (£5 discount and all). Knew I might have to wait a month to get it. Month passes and no kit, so I email seller - no reply. I email seller again - no reply. I find seller on ebay and send a message - no reply. So i ended up opening a case via Paypal and today have been refunded my money.

Now i'm not sure what's happening and there might well be a genuine reason I didn't receive the product - I am very dissapointed because I would prefer my kit as opposed to my money back. But surely a bit of communication wouldn't go amiss??? I'm a reasonable bloke and would've waited a couple of months if I knew where I was.

Just wanted to warn anyone who is thinking of buying from this seller - don't expect anything soon if at all :(

Not cool!

why would you have to wait a couple of months for anything that's pre-packaged?

It's not like they're made by hand... glad to hear you got your money back though.

I was contemplating getting one of these at some point... guess i won't be ordering from them

I bought one from Pete (the seller) a couple of years ago, was very helpful and informative. Even after I didn't mention my car was an import. He sent me some terminal adaptors so the kit would fit, free of charge. It was then that I mentioned the club and the discount was offered. Gotta say, never heard a bad word up until this point :(

Actually, they are handmade lol. He gets the components and crimps/solders them himself I think

When I ordered mine he was waiting for stock of certain bits which delayed the order by afew weeks, but I was kind of expecting it as other members were saying they got theirs in 2 months

Yeah, i do understand that there could be a delay due to lack of materials and i'm fine with that - but what's the excuse for not communicating??? Unless of course he's had his arms chopped off.....

It's a shame really 'cos I was looking forward to having this.

Mate... Ask custom Ice... I think He can do this made to order as well... Its just a case of maybe 6awg plus those rings that goes with it...

Cheers mate, i'll get on to that :D

Do grounding kits actually make a difference?

It won't make the car go any faster, but 90% of engine electrical problems are related to a bad earth

So yes i would say they are worth it, if not just for peace of mind...................... and a bit more engine bay bling biggrin.gif

I'd be interested in making these in bulk, just don't have a "template" to go from :(

So if as a club there is interest in Grounding kits i can price all the cable/time/connectors and maybe start a GB on them???

I bought a kit from Pete towards the end of last year. There was a massive delay on them and he told me via email that it was 'cos he was really ill. I eventually got them however, and have fitted them.

Although I had to guess the best grounding points - he sent me the 190 engine bay pic with a few circles dotted about which weren't very clear.

If a GB does come of this, I'd only be interested in finding out where the best grounds are on a 140 :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.