Down on power

Master flex

Just took the old girl out for a belt and let her warm up for a good 15-20 mins. Found a decent road and commenced thrashing it. 

It was taking taking a long time to climb up the ranges and lift engaged but not as aggressive. 

My heart was breaking, the (already non-existant) torque was pitiful and it felt like it had just eaten a large kebab. Even my missus commented on the amount of noise it was making, but it wasn't going anywhere... and then I spotted the A/C was turned on.

Turned that little anus off and she suddenly deposited the kebab and became sharp and responsive again.  I couldn't believe how much additional power it consumes with that on. Is it normal ? I know the A/C draws a load, but the difference was insane; but should it affect performance that much?

I can’t remember if it was as bad as that with my T sport mate, but it was noticeable, 

And very noticeable with a unmentionable (in this section) V6 I had..........I referred to it as my air brake :lol:

I haven’t tried it with the 140 yet.......I’ll let you know in July :lol:

I have this problem when I hit the windscreen defrost in the st, 20 mins later the mpg’s down to 30mpg and I realise. I can’t have I’ve ever noticed it too much in the celica, I normally only use it for the first few second to demismt or cool the car then it’s windows open and sunroof open! 

On 20/02/2019 at 16:25, slybunda said:

Fiesta used to take a big hit in power when front and rear windscreen demisters are turned on. With grounding kit added the hit is noticeably reduced.

Wonder if thats linked to the filaments in the screens on them ? Seems strange even at that still.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.