Trouble with springs

chrisdev

Hi guys

Cars in the shop atm getting some work done and there seems to be a problem getting springs to fit, Apex 35mm, second set he's tried and both wont fit and ive just noticed there it says not for cars with

rear shock 2b760. Any way to tell this at all? its an 04 vvti. Also if it turns out to be that shocker any suggestions on which springs? thanks for your time lads :)

Chris

Hey kev

To be honest ive no idea and im not mechanically minded so i couldn't even hazard a guess, he just says they dont fit. He says he's spoke to his supplier and hes been assured they are the right ones.

Cars been in over a week and im bursting to get it back so im just trying to feed him as much info as i can if i can but i never thought for a minute the springs would cause hassle.

Sorry for poor lack of info but its all ive got myself. No one ever had this before then? Thanks again for all your help

Chris

They should go straight on, hes not being a bit of a pudding is he and trying to fit the front springs to the rear shocker and vice versa. I know that sounds stupid but you would be surprised. If thats the case get the car away from there asap :lol:

Also he is compressing them to get them on isnt he?

• Like 1

They should go straight on, hes not being a bit of a pudding is he and trying to fit the front springs to the rear shocker and vice versa. I know that sounds stupid but you would be surprised. If thats the case get the car away from there asap :lol:

Also he is compressing them to get them on isnt he?

Not the first time this has been done, and by no means will it be the last

Haha i bloody hope not! Its one of those ones i dont want to ask those kind of things because even i know that much and he has my car so i dont want to insult lol... Its in at a garage so surely springs are standard fair...surely...

Well unfortunately mate you are going to have to ask those questions, it most likely will be one of the 2 stated things above front on rear and vice versa or he's not compressing them...I'm sure apex have some sort of quality control but you never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys

Thanks for all your replys. I suggested the two main possible problems, will have a chat with him again tomorrow and hopefully get some actual info. Its the lot ams and im in ayrshire scotland. Ill ask these things when i get him tomorrow

and report back. Again big thanks guys :)

Chris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.