Lift in 3rd

How noticeable should the lift be in 3rd and does it kick in at the same rpm as 2nd

Not very often I get to rev it out in 3rd mind

And just another thing.

I see loads of celicas in Reading. Are you one of them, silver one with white wheels yesterday :-)

lift in first quickly kills the car too as i found out last year ;D hold up... last two years ;) tbh mine pulls brill into third but its been played with a lot. lift ftw in any gear :P

I never used lift in 1st. It is a surefire way of wreaking your engine.

Absolutely not. If you're engine is healthy, good oil and at operating temperature, then there's nothing wrong with lift in 1st - like every other gear.

Where did you assume that?

Edited by geraintthomas

• 2 weeks later...

As Cravo says it's less noticeable in higher gears, almost not there in 6th..... I'm told ;)

Lift in 1st however is for winners!

Same RPM in all gears.

Lift in 5th and 6th are undetectable by ass-accelerometer. You can hear it, you'll see faster speedo movement but won't feel it.

Do it on unlimited stretch of german autobahn or race track if you like your driving license ;),and life.

I wouldn't stare at speedo when driving 120+ mph, anywhere, leave it for passenger - if you find someone brave/stupid enough ;)

Edited by zajc3w

lorry pulling out to overtake can really f*^%^k your day when going 130... even on 3 lane autobahn.

So autobahn, sunday(no lorries allowed on sundays and public holidays there) and A2 between dortmund and Hannover are best place to do lift(cut off?) in 6th. Actually past hannover it widens to 4-5 lanes so better go there....

BTW on the way to nurburg ring you'll have all autobahns limited to 70-80mph.

Edited by zajc3w

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.