Towing an auto. help please

arizona

This was what concerned me, owner has looked it up and it seems a few miles is ok but not any further. I'm just a bit concerned if it could cause damage

I read online if it was only for a few mikes it could be done with care

Ady i'm going to ask James in the morning when i see him, he does recovery and he'll know for certain. Dont want to risk further damage but if its ok to be one carefully then no prob

I wouldn't risk towing an out either not worth the risk

It even says in the gt4 manual for towing the gt4 you must alter the selection arm on the gear box then raise the front or rear for the selection you have made and tow at 30mph

Its running but only just it sounds like a tank at the moment and dont think its running on all cylinders and engine light is on for me msnaging to get it running again is a major step in itself as im not mechanicall minded

have you checked all the ht leads plugs and dizzy ady found water in me dizzy and it had pretty much destroyed the center pin on the dizzy cap just remember to make sure theres no water down the pot before you take the plugs out another will be to dry out the air filter and not 100% sure on this one but it you give the engine a quick turn while the plug is out if there is any water in there it should be fired back up out of the piston

Edited by carlasumm

Yeah Ade check the dizz.' ignitor' leads, filter, Also to check if any water got in the engine by taking out the plugs.

You can get a nice long strip of rag lint free make sure each piston in turn is at the top and feed the rag in to get out any water that may be in their after turning her over with no plugs in.Also mate you don't wont any fuel going in when turning her over with out the plugs in.Easy way on your motor is to take the injector wire plugs off.or find the fuse and remove it.

Any little drips remaining should condensate with the heat when running..

Hope you have her sorted soon.

Car interior stripped and after all morning working in her by jove I think shes alive.....no eml as yet old leads back on no major overfuelling smell ! And that was bad ! And shes running but ill let her run for a whike to see if any eml light come on

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.