Advantages/disadvantages of a 1.3 red rad cap..

Surely putting a higher pressure cap on won't actually increase the pressure? It just means that the cap can take UP to 1.3 bar?

Does that mean that once it gets upto 1.3 bar it will open n blast the excess into the overflow tank? I hav the trd rad cap in the forsale section along with my hypersport mats.

isn't it more pressure means higher boiling point ? So the coolant can get to a hotter temp/absorb more heat from engine ? So if running hotter its good but only if components can take it...?....well prob wrong but have a gt4 rad still to put in with the same cap as you have.

Does that mean that once it gets upto 1.3 bar it will open n blast the excess into the overflow tank? I hav the trd rad cap in the forsale section along with my hypersport mats.

Unless you're running some crazy setup then the coolant shouldn't really be making that much pressure O.o

Unless you're running some crazy setup then the coolant shouldn't really be making that much pressure O.o

I guess the consequences would be that the fluid would find another part of the cooling system to leak out of instead... Then again I've always had a TRD cap and no problems, I think Dubs is just trying to scare people!

I don't think they offer any real benefits.

Higher pressure will only come as a result of higher temps in the cooling system which if your getting is either a problem elsewhere, or pushing more power through the engine, in which case you should have the appropriate cooling modifications to cope, not just putting on a rad cap.

personally I would think that I would want the pressure to be relieved as soon as possible by the rad cap instead of potentially bursting out of other places and emptying all you coolant all over the floor.

IMO it's one of those "tuning company specials" designed to relieve you of you hard earned cash under the guise of performance increase.

The principal behind them as far as I can make out is that the higher the temperature the greater the pressure which can only really make a difference in a fairly modified engine/track car with the stock cap failing to hold the pressure created by the extra heat generated by the extra power

• Like 1

The Original hose clips (which everybody replaces with jubilee clips) are designed to blow if the presure gets too much. Rad cap should make no difference whatsoever, If there was that much presure in the rad my cap would be the last thing in my mind

BTW Im running HKS rad cap, and stainless jubilee clip hoses have been for 2 years, no probs at all

Disadvantages none

Advantages they look cool

simples :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.