Shell vpower nitro +

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using V Power since I built my engine simply because I need 99 octane because of the high compression. I sometimes have to use Tesco Momentum which I think is good also as far as octane.

I'll probably strip my engine more times than you guys (always modding something!) so I'll let you know if the head and valves look cleaner than "normal"........

http://www.shell.co.uk/gbr/products-services/on-the-road/fuels/vpower.html

Have a click around, its just replacing the old VPower fuel. It has new additives, nothing else.

102 octane fuel wont be around anytime soon, all of the oil companies are concentrating on creating a safe to use & store ethanol based unleaded product & increasing the organic content in diesel.

I'm running on V-Power at the moment so will be good to see what difference the Nitro makes although the Shell garage in Peterborough doesn't look like it will be having any work done soon :(

My gt4 been running on it since first thing, from a near empty tank.

No complaints, drove well - did it feel more responsive? possibly yes, but was that just that i knew it had it in it and was testing it out a bit.....

Lady behind the counter said its due to be changed over in all Shell garages by the 18th May

The reason ours was closed day before yesterday was to check the tanks for any water ingress which happily they have no problem with :)

The Oil consumption issue has started to get quite bad so I will be rebuilding it soon. Fair bit of blue smoke when I accelerate so don't like putting my foot down too much at the moment!

Well bit off topic, gen7nnb, I would recommend changing engine to facelift, if money no issue.

My old one drunk oil a lot. Other than that keep oil topped up maximum mark.

I will keep look out around here. Go to about 3 local shell's.

Hope it is beta than optimax.

Well bit off topic, gen7nnb, I would recommend changing engine to facelift, if money no issue.

My old one drunk oil a lot. Other than that keep oil topped up maximum mark.

I will keep look out around here. Go to about 3 local shell's.

Hope it is beta than optimax.

Money sadly is an issue! I know that there is a way to rebuild a pre-face engine to facelift standard and doing it myself will keep the cost down. I know a couple of people who can help with tools and what not and ams has an engine I can buy so I'll be taking the plunge with a spare motor. May even look into some improvements whilst I'm at it! I just can't afford the £500+ just to supply a facelift unit!

Ran mine on vpower for a few months.. no difference in performance and mpg was on a par with the regular stuff.. less milage per pound obviously because of the expense of the stuff. On a plus side the suposadly cleaning adititives might be doing some good.

If I was a sceptical guy the term Snake oil might be apropriate.. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.