DIY alloy refurb

Ive done mine a few times over the last 3 years and takes hours to do and now need doing again as the fronts are a real pain to clean so time for a colour change me thinks . This time i need to get them done professionally this time as the inner rims are found to be corroded after having 2 new rear tyres yesterday so not looking forward to that but hopefully done soon orbefore the main shows this year

Mine only took a few hours, I did 2 on a saturday and 2 on the sunday

I Just used 150 grit to rub them down then primed, painted and clear coated.

And dont forget dont spend ages masking off your tyre just use playing cards or beer mats pushed between the tyre and alloy :D

Heres one of mine after all that

IMG_0564.jpg

Mine only took a few hours, I did 2 on a saturday and 2 on the sunday

I Just used 150 grit to rub them down then primed, painted and clear coated.

And dont forget dont spend ages masking off your tyre just use playing cards or beer mats pushed between the tyre and alloy :D

Heres one of mine after all that

IMG_0564.jpg

Playing cards!!!!! Genius :thumbs:

Dave, I might be able I hook you up with a set of wheels for a while when I change mine over :)

Cheers for the offer mate but i now have 13 x gen 7 alloys, 4 x CS alloys, and Kates 17s so Ill be able to bodge up a temp set :lol: :lol: :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.