Decent Vinyl (3M / Hexis)

Cravo

Hi Guys,

I am wanting a decent vinyl supplier for some bits I am going to attempt soon.

I have practiced with decentish results with the cheapo stuff and think any issues I have actually had has been more down to the poor quality of the vinyl I have been using rather than my technique.

I have decided I am going to spend that little bit more to try and get a better finish.

I need a reputable link that wont cost me an arm and a leg, I am sick of these ebay ads claiming to be 3m or Hexis when theyre not.

Any one help please? :D

Hexis is probably the most expensive vinyl suppliers in the UK yet one of the best. You can buy direct from them. My advice is if you're wanting to learn, don't depend on self tutorial, trial and errors and youtube. Go and do a course because there is a lot more science involved which you must understand in order to be a pro.

Thanks Ray, I am only doing it for myself though fella, I wouldnt have the time to do it for anyone else to be honest. I just want some decent stuff cos with the crappy stuff i did a decent enough job to be willing to have a go with the expensive wrap and not be worried about making a mess and wasting lots of money.

have you contacted mook who is a long standing corporate member on here, he can sort you out with bespoke designs etc.. aswell.

Yea had loads of stuff off Mook but didnt think to ask him if he had any rolls of vinyl :lol: but have now :)

Would rather the cash go to a member on here than a randomer on ebay. Maybe someone like Ray or Mook, even Slugster could add vinyl rolls to their stock lists :wavey:

No worries. I'd suggest buying 1 meter to try out first and you'll need a good heat gun. Not a high flow but one which can get hot fast.

I (our lass) have a 1500w hair dryer that gets mega hot :) that should be ok shouldn't it ^_^

I use Hexis and its great stuff.......although have loads just now and not used it in ages

to get it useable i use a 1500w hairdryer because im only working on small areas. if i was working on alarger area i probably would use a heatgun. if you get it wrong though its very unforgiving and can waste a meter no problem.

cheapest supliers are on ebay actually and the more you buy the cheaper it becomes

cheapest supliers are on ebay actually and the more you buy the cheaper it becomes

I am always a bit wary about eBay sellers selling Hexis vinyl cheap as most seem to sell it cheaper than you can actually buy it from Hexis, even on their cheapest trade tariff :blink:

I have been sold fake Hexis before, but that was when i was starting out and didn't have a trade account with Hexis

Edited by rpsmith79

I am always a bit wary about eBay sellers selling Hexis vinyl cheap as most seem to sell it cheaper than you can actually buy it from Hexis, even on their cheapest trade tariff :blink:

I have been sold fake Hexis before, but that was when i was starting out and didn't have a trade account with Hexis

This. That's why I asked for a reputable link haha. Myk sent me one though for reference ;)

Never done it but would think investing in a heat gun is prob preferable to get the best out of doing it , think they pretty cheap :)

This x10, i tried many times with a hair dryer and it it's just not worth the wasted vinyl for the £20 it costs for a heat gun

Hexis is probably the most expensive vinyl suppliers in the UK yet one of the best. You can buy direct from them. My advice is if you're wanting to learn, don't depend on self tutorial, trial and errors and youtube. Go and do a course because there is a lot more science involved which you must understand in order to be a pro.

I think the whole point in him doing it himself is to save money Ray, if he was going to spend several hundred pounds on training he may as well pay someone else to do it

And i managed easily enough with no official training ;)

I have had fake hexis and it was garbage and wouldn't form to anything :(

the seller i was using on ebay was selling me the real thing, I have had stuff from cars i have broken wrapped in reall hexis by rich and the stuff i had was identical.....but can i find the seller in my ebay history just now :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.