Nankang NS2 Tyres

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna stick up for the nankang ns2's I think for the price there great tyres

I e got them on all 4 corners an never slid or anything, had to slam on the other day an it did t skid just stopped nicely in plenty of time, they do last forever!!!

Even in this Ice and snow I've had no problems and I drive 40+ miles a day motorway and small country back roads

Edited by matt1280

dangerous, the cheapest tyres i would look at are the falkens, about £20 more per tyre but you cant put a price on safety :thumbs:

nakangs, maxxis and nexxen etc are all dangerous

I bought a set of superturismos of a member on here recently because he crashed his gen 6, I told him the moment i turned up that the reason for his slide was the maxxis and nakang tyres on his car

I would definitely agree with the Nixxen being bad, in the wet with Nixxen tyres my Gt4 felt like i was driving on an oil slick every time i went around a corner quickly, even driving slowly i was wasnt very confident in the wet. But they were good in the dry. I changed them before they had completely worn out because i felt unsafe in the wet, and i have never changed tyres before they are worn out before. I like Toyo tyres as they are excellent in the wet and dry and grip well beyond my driving abilities and are a good price for what you get.

I'm gonna stick up for the nankang ns2's I think for the price there great tyres

I e got them on all 4 corners an never slid or anything, had to slam on the other day an it did t skid just stopped nicely in plenty of time, they do last forever!!!

Even in this Ice and snow I've had no problems and I drive 40+ miles a day motorway and small country back roads

That's interesting to hear - such a big contrast to the other comments?

Tbh I used to run these on my old coupe stretched into the wheels because they were cheap £200 for 4 215 35 18's...the stretch probably didn't help but they seemed ok...I did 3 sets a year due to camber and still have the 3rd set on the celica for nearly a year now in march. But I'd say wet weather is very poor for accelerating and cornering, not had any scary braking moments YET.

I always used to swear on toyo t1r for the track wheels though and would insist on putting back on through winter...tyres are the only thing to keep you on the road, I wouldn't skimp on them.

When all said and done, the NS2 is a budget tyre which is highly likely to have a longer stopping distance than a "mid range" tyre. So if you can afford a bit more, I think the extra is money well spent. It could be the difference between a brown trouser moment..and tears.

I have NS2's and they're okay. I bought them as old set of wheels got corrosion in the rim and went through three tyres in 2 months so bought those as a temp thing. In the dry they work, they're hard wearing. Launch at higher than 3k rpm and they will spin and if you land 1st to second in lift they will spin again. In the wet and snow or anything other than dry, they spin. Controllable under normal driving but if there's a moment where you need to stop suddenly or turn sharply in anything other than hot dry weather you will shit bricks.

I won't buy them again, they last forever, but that's a lot of thinking time about what else you could've bought.

Put in perspective the NS2s really aren't a bad tyre, the NS1 was the very hard compound "ditch finder" the NS2 is a softer compound.

Yes they are not the best tyre around but they are much better than a lot of the other budget crap out there (wanli, west lake, linglong) I had these in my last car and even put them through a few track days, dry grip is very very good much better than the "mid range" Barum shite I had on before.

So if you really are strapped for cash you could do much worse but you really should buy the best tyres you can afford :)

yep had ns2 on all 4 corners, they are not that great in the wet and i don't drive fast so couldn't test teh limit with these in wet. wet launch is ok and didnt wheel spin during lift. but i would still say below par thou. Somehow they managed to get me thru (just about) heavy snow last year when most cars got stuck. in dry they are lovely thou, hardly any wheel spin even during launch. But i would still pay a bit extra to get ze912/914 or uniroyal rainsport 2. Tires lasts me 2 years or so and the extra amount of money spent to get some decent tires in exchange for more safety is worth every penny imo.

Just seen Avon ZV5 XL in 225/40/18 at 118.590 fitted. Efficiency 'C' and rain 'C' & Goodyear Efficientgrip XL in same size efficiency 'C' and rain 'B' at 121.50 fitted through tyreshopper via quidco.

Anybody got experience of these tyres?

Just seen Avon ZV5 XL in 225/40/18 at 118.590 fitted. Efficiency 'C' and rain 'C' & Goodyear Efficientgrip XL in same size efficiency 'C' and rain 'B' at 121.50 fitted through tyreshopper via quidco.

Anybody got experience of these tyres?

celicamojo runs the Avons and they seem to be pretty good, he even done a trackday in them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.