Caliper paint - point me to the best!

Mondo

I've got the hammerite smooth red on mine now an it's a good red, also had the hammerite smooth white on my old corolla calipers and they was a nice crisp white colour

I've got the hammerite smooth red on mine now an it's a good red, also had the hammerite smooth white on my old corolla calipers and they was a nice crisp white colour

I prefer etech paint, it's a little more expensive than hammerite but covers much better, I needed to use 3 coats of hammerite when I painted my calipers in red the last time. I can get away with one with the etech, but prefer two, it covers much better, it comes with a can of spray to clean all the crap off the calipers, the colours are great (just ignore the pics on the box, the colours are much better than the pics on the box) and there is no need for a seperate lacquer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-Tech-Brake-Caliper-Paint-Kit-Engine-Bay-Brakes-Manifold-ETECH-Drum-Metal-Car-/271023418902?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenEquipment_HandTools_SM&var=570103185839&hash=item3f1a412e16

Edited by armoredfist2002

I have found that the caliper paint from Halfords acutally works really well. You just need to put a couple of nice thick coats on and it comes out nice and red.

+1 I only did one coat, just to see how it sits and I cannot complain. Ill do another coat when it warms up.

I'm with the halfrauds caliper paint too - two or three coats and it's as red as a red thing thats been painted well kinda red . . . . .

Untitled.jpg

Edit - well . . . .ok, in that picture it does look a tad orangish, but in daylight the red is red - honest :blush:

Edited by keef-b

I used the Plastikote Brilliant Red aerosol from B&Q. Painted My 205's calipers and the wifes IS200 Calipers 5years ago after properly cleaning and preping the calipers on the car - still not chipped and comes out like new when washed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.