Unwanted attention!

Chris H72

fortunately I've never been pulled over or had any attention from the cops yet. *touch wood*

I can understand modified cars attracting attention, both good and bad though. I guess if you're doing something wrong then you kinda have to expect it, and just hope that your excuse will be understood by the copper. Most of them I've met have been pretty decent enough, but it does only take a long tough shift (or consecutive shifts) to turn even the nicest person into a bit of an asshole.

I've had a few cars acting like bellends trying to race me, but never obliged them.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a few cars acting like bellends trying to race me, but never obliged them.

Look over to them, nod your head, rev your car ... let them shoot off and you just slowly take your time, whilst laughing lol

or, it's better when they think you're going straight on, so you prepare yourself, then as they shoot off, you turn left/right instead

Edited by Gimba

This copper used to hound me. On this day I was at home, chilling, the car was parked outside my house, so the copper comes into the street and starts looking at my car in great detail. I watched for 10 mins before I went out and asked him what he was doing. The reason he gave was this "I am checking all car tyres in this area in case they are illegal." So I replied, "OK, if the tyres on this car were lillegal, who would get the points as its obv not being driven?" He said "The registered keeper!" I laughed hysterically and went back inside. After a few more minutes he left without lookin at any of my other cars, or any of the others in the street. Wierd Piggy that one. :/

bentcopper.jpg

pah, stupid! they can't do anything if the car's parked. maybe you're waiting for a new tyre to arrive, and then you'll book a mobile fitter to replace it.

what a jobsworth

My tyres and rims were 2 days old when this happened so he was obv blagging and looking for something else. notice he has his notebook and making notes too.... :unsure:

Been pulled twice in the old Celica, was out at 2am and was stopped asking if I'd been drinking etc just routine check. Had a bit of a natter and went on my way

The 2nd time was a tad more annoying. Coming out of a 40 into a 6 there's a clio in front of me doing 30-35 . I've waited until it's safe to overtake and then went to move out. Got halfway out and noticed a Police car parked in a layby.

As I wasn't speeding I didn't see any issues anyway. He came out, followed me and pulled me before then telling me how I wouldn't have been able to stop etc as I would have been doing at least 60 (reality I was doing 50ish as I pulled out) then started trying it on. I told him I wasn't speeding and when he asked me what I'd do if the car in front braked hard I simply replied Brake harder :D

Not sure how I didn't get done that time but meh

Never been pulled in the white one though touch wood :)

my first speeding ticket last year i would have probably gotten away with it as i had a valid excuse for doing 65mph in a 50mph zone (last time i drove the road it was 70mph A77) I was in the gen 5 and spotted 2 of them next to an M5 pointing a radar gun at me, at the time i thought the half a mile to the next turn of would be managable in the gen 5 if i put my foot down only to see them behind me about 400 yards later :(

my own fault in every single way, if i had slowed down I would probably have gotten away with it. It was more than obvious that although they done me with 65 i was doing nearly 95 when i seen them gaining on me

did you not see the 50mph speed limit repeater signs? :blush::sofa:

they where further down the road I seen them after i saw the police, which is why i could have gotten a telling off instead of being stupid and getting 3 points and a fine.

This copper used to hound me. On this day I was at home, chilling, the car was parked outside my house, so the copper comes into the street and starts looking at my car in great detail. I watched for 10 mins before I went out and asked him what he was doing. The reason he gave was this "I am checking all car tyres in this area in case they are illegal." So I replied, "OK, if the tyres on this car were lillegal, who would get the points as its obv not being driven?" He said "The registered keeper!" I laughed hysterically and went back inside. After a few more minutes he left without lookin at any of my other cars, or any of the others in the street. Wierd Piggy that one. :/

bentcopper.jpg

Now theirs the pic for the photo challange

Then it can move on, lol

they where further down the road I seen them after i saw the police, which is why i could have gotten a telling off instead of being stupid and getting 3 points and a fine.

pain in the arse.

there's a few national roads near me which have been dropped to 40... bloody annoying as they're wide open, pretty much straight, and no residential areas nearby :( annoyingly there's loads of repeaters tho, so no excuse :( :( :angry:

pain in the arse.

there's a few national roads near me which have been dropped to 40... bloody annoying as they're wide open, pretty much straight, and no residential areas nearby :( annoyingly there's loads of repeaters tho, so no excuse :( :( :angry:

because there's been some accidents is why, it was one of the things on the speed awareness course - depends on what but goes down the more there is.

if a certain amount of time then goes by without any accidents they will increase it again by 10mph, there is a road near here that was a 40 recently has changed to a 50

Edited by arizona

Been stopped twice in the Celica, once for 37 in a 30 which was 150 yds from my front door and the other time was in August for having "loud looking exhausts" (still ongoing with Plod on that one.)

The only other times in my motoring life I've been stopped was when I had a Vauxhall Cavalier about 17 years ago. It was 2am and I was followed for about 2 miles, As soon as I got out on to the main A11, on came the blue lights., so I pulled over. The officer asked me what I was doing out at that time of night. I then pointed to the back seats where my twin sons , who were only about a year old were fast a sleep. The copper looked at me, smiled and said, that "cars were great for getting small children off to sleep when they cant sleep at home" the then said, "Been there, done that and got the tee-shirt to prove it".which I thought was a pretty good answer from an on duty cop.

Oh I was also stopped on my Triumph Bonneville by a Police officer who wanted some advice on his Triumph he was doing a restoration on. Managed to do a swap on some parts too that we both had and needed.

Only ever been stopped years ago when on my old Honda 750F1....... same copper twice, same road (M1), on the way to London in the mornin and on the way back mid afternoon fortunatly never got done even though both times well over limit..... never been stopped in any of my cars in 31yrs of driving...........(you just know im gonna be eatin my words in a few days.....lol)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.