Possibly selling my Tsport, am I asking too much ?

RoryK

Hello All,

I never thought this day will come, but I am seriously considering selling my beloved celica on and buying something rear wheel drive and turbo'd, likely be a 200SX.

Anyway the car, Only one owner before me, its a 55 plate, used to belong to the Royal bank of Scotland as a company car, I bought it in 2008/09 from Car Giant with only 29k on the clock, she has now done 67k and has genuine stamps up until 40k, the rest has been done by myself properly following the toyota service guide. The oil has always been kept topped up and changed every 6k miles, sometimes sooner.

The mods I have done are

Apexi N1 custom exhaust

Tanabe Strut Brace

APEX 35 mm lowering springs

HID conversion

AEM CAI

Interior light change to Blue

Short Shifter

ACT HDSS stage 1 clutch

Pioneer AVH 3300BT head unit come with 2 x SD cards and SD card reader

JDM wind deflectors

The car will come also with all original parts + some extras

The reason for selling is that I have reached a dilemma, I have a plan to go turbo with her through SE7EN. but the money spent on a turbo could instead go towards something that is already turbo'd.

Would I be asking too much for £4500 ?

20120917_182818.jpg20120919_150231_zps2f2fe50e.jpg

DSCF2227.jpgIMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0346.jpgIMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0436.jpgDSCF2241.jpg

Cheers guys, yeh I expect if I do decided to part with her then I will have to demod and sell on its own.

The reason I am considering it is I want to be 100% sure before I commit to the turbo build I had planned for it, I have asked the missus and my dad to see what they think, but they dont understand either the turbo for the celica or selling it for an older car, which I was suprised about with my Dad considering his history with crazy V8 builds.

So what do my fellow enthusiasts think ? The car I have in question is the Nissan 200SX s14a, A couple of my mates had these a while back and since driving one I have never forgot about it to be honest, my mates was stage 1a, so it had 300BHP at the rear wheel, a ful Apexi exhaust system including decat and mani, coil overs, tracking rods, front mount and so much more, the thing shifted to say the least and it just had so much aggression and feel to it

Edited by RoryK

It really comes down to a matter of personal choice. I opted for the rotrex because i still love everything about the car .I could have sold up and put the money towards something like an evo but i wanted a car that is quicker that everyone expects. The way i justified it to myself was if i bought a newish car i would probably lose the same amount of money that it cost for the build in depreciation in a couple of years and i dont plan on getting rid of her at all.

I'm also looking at a 200SX S14A drift ready with welded diff, coilies, Nistune ECU, decat exhaust, intercooler. Pushing out around 260/270bhp :D it'd only cost around £500 to bring it upto 300bhp (boost controller and tune) But I'm keeping the Gen 7. Good luck. :thumbs:

Edited by Zorg

i don't think breaking it will get you much extra once you factor in all the time and effort that goes in to removing parts and having to find stock bits to replace them with...

Plus it's not like you've got a huge amount of mods.... You could maybe sell the Apexi N1 and Tanabe Strut Brace seperately if you can get a stock exhaust put back on, but those items might make it stand out more from the crowd of other t-sports for sale.

£4-4.5k looks like a fair sum I'd have thought.

My point was more towards don't price it higher just because it has mods, to the general public.. A loud exhaust = keep away

By all means aim high, you can always come down. If you go in low and someone buys it straight away, you'll kick yourself that it was worth more

Yeh I know all about the mods not adding to the price bud, if I was to sell it and I got 4500 with the mods on, it would save me the ball ache of taking it all off etc but it wont happen now anyway

Persuaded the missus to let me keep the celica and get a 200sx lol.

My Tsport was my first car, so selling her would be like chopping off a testicle to be honest.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Edited by RoryK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.