Norfolk Police and exhaust noise

This topic still absolutely infuriates me, how can a jury waste good tax payer’s time and money pursuing this?????

If you had an astra or nova with no zorst then I could understand.

I have a JDM gen 5 with a stainless steel powerflow zorst, my car is very fuel thirsty, sometimes it burns it in the chambers and other times it just can’t be bothered and a yellow flash can be seen from her rear, I have a calibrated DB meter at work and have produced a max reading of 84DB @ 4K reves, but because mine is a JDM I am allowed 99DB, so why isn’t the UK spec gen 6 allowed the same? (it’s soooo wrong)

Simon no disrespect to you or your car but when we hooked up a couple of months ago I am sure my Gen 5 was louder than your 6.

How the funk can this be possible, and you’re now harassed by the law.

I am honestly prepared to take the day off and follow you to the court house and rev the poo out of my car whilst the hearing / joke prosecution is underway.

Today I heard a car going round the Lotus test track that was way higher in sound than my car.

What the hell is this country coming too, if I was lucky enough to win the lottery, I would buy a super / hyper car.

Therefore the police should pull over all UK spec; Aston Martins, Ferraris, Bugattis, GT2 / 3’s, Lambos, R8 / R10’s McLarens, Vipers, GT40s, Mustangs, Zonders, Huayras, M600s, GT-Rs and a whole load more super / hyper cars that give me a stiffy just from the engine sound.

Seriously just let me know if you would like me to follow you to the courts and help you out.(in or out of court)

N

Edited by NinjaNeil

Utter bull shit!!! (^^^ This

fucks me off) I have a family full of copper. Yes there are some twats but there are in all walks of life. Most coppers are decent family men/women earning a living to make you safer. I bet if your beams got robbed you'd be straight on the phone asking them to find your car.....

I hope you do well because they failed to perform a test correctly and that's they're fault. It does seem petty tbh but they just follow the rules they're given.

Firemen don't choose what they will and won't put out....

I didnt mean to cause offense, but im just going by my experiences.

And i would ring the police and get a crime ref number etc, because its their job to look for my car ;)

Nice one Neil, Just to let you know the court hearing is 2.15 Wednesday 20th (tomorrow) court No.3 at Norwich Magistrates on Bishopsgate, If you want to come along then by all means, it'll be a laugh.

Got all my paperwork sorted with a copy of the ISO 5130 to shove under their noses.

They are trying to change tact.as the case against me states:

"Driving a Toyota Celica with an exhaust system which has been altered as to increase the noise made by the escape of exhaust gases contrary to regulation 54(2) of the road vehicle (construction and use) Regulations 1986, section 42 of the road traffic act 1986 and schedule 2 of the Road traffic offenders act 1986.'

As always I will let everyone know the outcome, good or bad tomorrow.

As a footnote, had they (Plod) conducted the test correctly by checking the car at the correct engine target speed, (3750Rpm, not 5250 Rpm) the exhaust may have passed the test and therefore I wouldn't be going down this route.

Edited by Monkey Boy 1

Good luck today, might be a fair bit of waiting, poss followed by being asked a while before you go in if you want to change plea and pay fine. Reckon they do this as by then you are so fed up of waiting around you'll just plead guilty and pay up so you dont have to sit on a hard chair for any longer.

:popcorn2:

Nice one Neil, Just to let you know the court hearing is 2.15 Wednesday 20th (tomorrow) court No.3 at Norwich Magistrates on Bishopsgate, If you want to come along then by all means, it'll be a laugh.

Got all my paperwork sorted with a copy of the ISO 5130 to shove under their noses.

They are trying to change tact.as the case against me states:

"Driving a Toyota Celica with an exhaust system which has been altered as to increase the noise made by the escape of exhaust gases contrary to regulation 54(2) of the road vehicle (construction and use) Regulations 1986, section 42 of the road traffic act 1986 and schedule 2 of the Road traffic offenders act 1986.'

As always I will let everyone know the outcome, good or bad tomorrow.

As a footnote, had they (Plod) conducted the test correctly by checking the car at the correct engine target speed, (3750Rpm, not 5250 Rpm) the exhaust may have passed the test and therefore I wouldn't be going down this route.

I have only just read this now otherwise I would have followed you down this afternoon....

Dare I ask how you got on?

N

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.