Norfolk Police and exhaust noise

true, but i got pulled over about 6 years ago, because "my exhasut had the potential to be loud" i was driving slow as well, they stopped me, checked everything over, i pass with flying colours, so was just given a 7 day producer :S cant be bother with the hassle, but want to finish off the car, so i need to find the best solution

Hey Si this might help: Was reading in a Bike magazine a few days ago that when taking the police to court you can have all their evidence thrown out for even the slightest inaccuracy.

Example. There should have been two PC’s in the car, (if there was only 1 then you’ve got em already as there HAS to be two). Anyway, each PC has to submit their own report of events. Now obviously each report should be the same on its key facts and figures, time, location, noise level of exhaust in your case, but different in its body text. If the two reports are actually duplicates of each other but just with different names on them then that’s not allowed either.

In the article the Biker was being done for supposedly being on the wrong side of the road. When reading over the two PC’s reports the time of incident was different by a few minutes on each report and 1 PC said they were driving in one direction and the other said the other way! :blink: Result; case thrown out as Police had no usable evidence :lol:

Don’t know if you have the police reports already? If not request them and compare closely. Might come in handy :thumbs:

DO NOT TAKE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING AS MY POINT OF VIEW OR RECOMMENDED POINTS OF ACTION:

However if it was me in your position:

You have them on a technicality, not conforming to ISO 5130 when conducting the test (ensure you have the test printed out in paper ready to hand to the court clerk)

You have done everything in your power to reduce the noise level of your car at your expense even though not required, again have evidence of this and if you have examples of others.

You need to request both arresting officers present at the hearing, if they are not present I think it’s your word against no one (but not sure about that)

You need to request a copy of the arresting officer’s note books, before the hearing, you have a right to this and if they can’t produce them then you have them on a second technicality.

You need all paperwork / correspondence between you and the law, a diary of events would probably accomplish this.

You need all expenses written down – past – present and future (This is victimisation and the law has no right in defending itself after they have cocked up)

Make sure you lay down the actual expenditure and mental torment they have caused to you and your family over the past months.

In addition make sure you express that you are unhappy with the location of the trial and the cost of travelling to the trial.

You are not guilty of the crime they are trying to prosecute you against

If I can help any more please let me know

N

Otherwise ignore this and I really hope you get on fine and teach them a lesson

Cheers Neil.

I have a copy of ISO5130 to hand to the court clerk if required.

Exhaust has been quietened down (a little) by fitting a new centre box).The only way Ican reduce it even more is by replacing whe entire system to a standard one.

I have a copy of the police statement from the arresting officer, and have already found a minor error on his note. He has the wrong road noted down as where i was stopped.

I have the Receipt for exhaust.

As pleading Not Guilty I do not have to go to Gt.Yarmouth court. They will notify me after they have read all my notes in the initial hearing.

Just hope it get's thrown out on a technicality.

Got copies of all emails and letters sent, not got any recordings of phone calls though.

...I have a copy of the police statement from the arresting officer, and have already found a minor error on his note. He has the wrong road noted down as where i was stopped.

Thats it then, you got em. As said above, any inacuracy should mean their evidence is classed as unusable, especially if the second officer has noted a different/correct road number. So make sure you draw the courts attention to this error :D

Getting it thrown out on technicality is good but beating them over the head with a ruling in your favour saying "i was in the right" is even better.

No matter how the outcome is reached, as long as it's in your favour then it's all good.

• 3 weeks later...

I have only just seens this. I had this same problem in the later part of last year! I got pulled over as i entered works car park!! they requested that i do the db test to which i politly refused on the grounds that driving within the confinements of the city at no point would my vehicle be at 3/4 revs....which shut him up! :lol: Also stating the fact that putting my car under the intense strain of 3/4 revs at idle is rediculous and if anything were to go wrong would the devon and cornwall 'cuntstablery' foot the repair bills...again no answer was given. (copper getting slightly pissed by this point and the whole workshop now an audience) they tried to grab the keys to which i resisted and locked myslef in the car! :lol: i drove it into the valeting bay and the valeters closed the bay doors. when i went back outside they ARRESTED ME for non compliance and resisting arrest.......................3 months later attended a court hearing!

I have only just seens this. I had this same problem in the later part of last year! I got pulled over as i entered works car park!! they requested that i do the db test to which i politly refused on the grounds that driving within the confinements of the city at no point would my vehicle be at 3/4 revs....which shut him up! :lol: Also stating the fact that putting my car under the intense strain of 3/4 revs at idle is rediculous and if anything were to go wrong would the devon and cornwall 'cuntstablery' foot the repair bills...again no answer was given. (copper getting slightly pissed by this point and the whole workshop now an audience) they tried to grab the keys to which i resisted and locked myslef in the car! :lol: i drove it into the valeting bay and the valeters closed the bay doors. when i went back outside they ARRESTED ME for non compliance and resisting arrest.......................3 months later attended a court hearing!

This made me laugh :lol:

They are all the same unfortunately :(

Utter bull shit!!! (^^^ This

fucks me off) I have a family full of copper. Yes there are some twats but there are in all walks of life. Most coppers are decent family men/women earning a living to make you safer. I bet if your beams got robbed you'd be straight on the phone asking them to find your car.....

I hope you do well because they failed to perform a test correctly and that's they're fault. It does seem petty tbh but they just follow the rules they're given.

Firemen don't choose what they will and won't put out....

Well, got a letter through the post on Saturday from Norwich Magistraits court. As I pleases Not Guilty to the offence then I have to attend court on 20th Feb. They are still saying that I have a modified exhaust system which produces more noise than a standard system which contravenes the 'construction of use' and some other road traffic act form the dim & distant past.

This may be the case, BUT the fact that technically they did the test incorrectly is what I am arguing about.

Will have to wait & see what the outcome is on the 20th.

I'll keep you all informed on the outcome.

and Benji, what was the outcome on your trip to court ?

Edited by Monkey Boy 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.