Buckled wheels

i will know if he tries sending different wheels, and no didnt change the returns accepted, didnt know it existed, never had any bother before, will relist with more info when they come back. i dont want to rip anyone off and cant be arsed going through ebay resolution.

Sounds like a cockwad to me!

I had the same thing with some wheels before. Sent them up as 2nd hand, the dude was expecting them NEW (even though my listing said they were on my car for just a week) and he wanted a return as they were dirty!

Effin dirty!

So sod him. He pays a return charge and you update your ad to sell again. Someone will have them; T-Sport wheels look tasty on a range of cars.

Unfortunately this time around you've sold to a donkey!

Edited by dr3bin

Brand new wheels will be slightly out of balace dur to the fact that one side has a hole for a tyre valve.

Wheel and trye assemblies will always need balancing, some manufacturers have built in sensors within the assembly for notification on tyre pressure sensors (if that is an option on your higher end market or for Federal (USA) market). which makes thwe wheel even more out of balance.

Partly worn, cheap brand tyres can cause out of balance due to uneven wear. Low hydraulic oil within the damper can cause vibration too.

One of my wheels had a lot of balance weights on one side possibly due to a pot hole, but when checked with a Dial Test Indicator, it runs true. so the wheel is not "egg shaped".or warped.

I've had a few bulked TS wheels over the years and most of them fixed by either WRC or my local place.

You can see bulked wheels by eye when being rotated on the balancing machine with a greater than 5% buckle. Less than that then it will be done to the number of balancing weight needed or measurement. Quality tyres usually only need a few grams on a good wheel but if a string of weights are needed then the wheel will have a light bukle <5%

Buckles not noticable by eye can still be measured using appropriate equipment.

I've recently bought 4 TS wheels from members on this forum but I have not had them professionally tested yet. I will do when I get home in October before having them re-powder coated. WRC do a very ggod job but my local only charge £18 to de-buckle.

I'm picking up my last 2 refurbed wheels today - should I question why there's like 8+ little weights on the first two they've done? Seems excessive to the point it's masking buckles which I told them to repair if they found any.

I'm picking up my last 2 refurbed wheels today - should I question why there's like 8+ little weights on the first two they've done? Seems excessive to the point it's masking buckles which I told them to repair if they found any.

tbh mate, im getting more and more confused, apparently if the wheels can be balanced they should run ok, but more weights could mean wheel buckled. now also heard budget tyres can affect the balance, and uneven wear on a tyre may make the wheel appear buckled when driving at higher speeds.

It could be the tyre that is out by that much, but if he is a good tyre fitter he would turn the tyre round by 180 deg to try and cancel out the need for weights.

It's an alloy refurb place balancing included in the price (immediately next door to a tyre fitter). The tyres are Goodride and didn't seem in too bad nick. He says one alloy they repaired a buckle, the other they've just corrected with weights. But I'm talking like 5-6 small silver weights on both wheels - looks excessive compared to what I've ever had on a wheel before.

It all deppends on what the weights add up to in grams, and also how close or how far from the rim edge they are stuck.

20gram on the rim edge would need a far higher gram weight if stuck closer to the centre as some wheel designs require.

Of all the knackered Tsport alloys I have seen they have had a visiable flat spot on the inner rim that could be seen either by looking at the back of the rim or spinning the wheel on the car jacked up and seeing the rim bob up and down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.