Care4car waterproof cover

After spending 2 hours just pressurewashing treesap and muck off my car, I decided I needed to get a decent cover.

I've used care4car before to buy Rain-X (which I'm still not 100% sure about), and a cargonet to keep loose items secure in the boot.

http://www.care4car.com/productdisplay/productid/198/Waterproof_and_Lined_Full_Car_Cover.html

At £48 it's a bit steep, but it's supposed to be waterproof and has a soft lining to protect the car.

It's also got a nifty carry-case and also turns out to have a slip case you can put it in too.

The outer material feels quite tough, and the inside is a weird soft material that looks like a thin layer of felt.

There's elastic at the front and back to help it cling under your bumpers.

Sadly due to having a lower front and rear bumper it doesn't quite hang down perfectly, but it's still very good for the length. I've got the Large one, any bigger would be too big I think... but then you might need the extra length if you've got a big spoiler...

There's mirror pockets and also a nifty zip opening so that you can still get to the driver's door.

1 reinforced eye on each side (at ground level underneath the rear quarter windows) can be used to tie the cover to a wheel to stop it blowing off... or i guess you could thread some string under the car... but that might be a bit too much hassle.

I can't comment on it's ability to fend off the weather as it's currently dry and sunny, but it looks good so far.

DSC05921.jpg

DSC05922.jpg

DSC05923.jpg

DSC05924.jpg

Edited by InsolentMinx

Been looking into a replacement cover ,i want one thats fully waterproof but also breathable enough.Look forward to seeing how this one stacks up Steve..get the hose out LOL

*grumble*

no longer than 30 mins after I open the thing and put it on the car, Katie tells me to take it off as she wants to go to the gym! :angry:

i think you need an area the size of a football pitch to fold it up though, just bundled in the boot it takes up all the space! :lol:

Edited by InsolentMinx

I done a group buy on them a while back and aranged with Andrew at sales for a 10% discount ongoing

All you have to do is ask for Andrew and quote CCUK for the dicount worked out at £40.08 delivered

I bought a 1/2 cover one (but full cover are also available).

Cant remember the supplier - bt can dig out if anyone wants it.

Its multi-layer and waterproof (had it opened on an outside airer)...nx morning

it held a bucket of water with the underside completely dry.

But its pricey....my 1/2 cover alone cost £60.

Its well worth it and been tested for several months now.

Been looking into a replacement cover ,i want one thats fully waterproof but also breathable enough.Look forward to seeing how this one stacks up Steve..get the hose out LOL

For waterproof / breathable etc i got the Halfords Deluxe (size large) one for longterm overwinter outside storing. Its proved very good. Quite pricey at around £80 iirc but worth it i think. I got a plain cotton sheet from the charity shop to throw over the car first, this stops any paintwork dulling (and protects the vert roof)

Will be using the same this winter

i know there was a group buy, and i mentioned it, but evidently no-one bought them... so no discount

Will have to email him again to see why as it was to be ongoing because most people would be buying ready for winter and a few who wanted 1 straitaway .

He knew this was the case

Some did buy straitaway

Will see what i can do again .

Will have to email him again to see why as it was to be ongoing because most people would be buying ready for winter and a few who wanted 1 straitaway .

He knew this was the case

Some did buy straitaway

Will see what i can do again .

Another fine example of wot length members, like yourself Shaun, do for others.

Wud be great if Andrew can confirm the discount is still available.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.