False specs in ads

nothin' beats reading '200bhp' on gen 6 ads, cos...you know...that ebay induction kit is THAT effective.

even better is when the lads assume its 200 bhp so the power sapping ebay 20 quid air cleaner and generic backbox must be bringing it upto 240 , i always like them , i also like to infom with `` sorry mucka its 170 if your lucky`` and they come back with `` had it off my mate an he did loads of work on it so its 240 init cus its had work an a chip ``

as for 7`s ? havnt a clue , is there really that much ? i notice people get mildly excited when m is mentioned but beyond that its ? do the specs make much difference i wonder or is it all cosmetic

even better is when the lads assume its 200 bhp so the power sapping ebay 20 quid air cleaner and generic backbox must be bringing it upto 240 , i always like them , i also like to infom with `` sorry mucka its 170 if your lucky`` and they come back with `` had it off my mate an he did loads of work on it so its 240 init cus its had work an a chip ``

as for 7`s ? havnt a clue , is there really that much ? i notice people get mildly excited when m is mentioned but beyond that its ? do the specs make much difference i wonder or is it all cosmetic

Yea mostly cosmetic, I don't like those fabric grey and red seats in some 7s so when looking I look for the premium and style pack in the ad to save opening and reading to find out if it has leather and a spoiler but as I moaned about before it sometimes doesn't have those even though the spec advertised indicates it does.

GHD - fancy hairdressing stuff ;)

As to the Style and Premium packs (technically models if you look at Toyota's brochures!), they're basically:

Premium = climate control, tilt/slide sunroof, full leather

Style = 17" alloys, spoiler, aluminium effect pedals, enhanced sound system with woofer, manual aircon

i wonder what spec mine is then. :rolleyes:

it was advertised as a celica vvtli.... but it has leathers, e/sunroof and climate control, the alloy pedals, spoiler, 10 disc autochanger but no woofer all standard with the car.

not sure on alloys as it had aftermarket alloys fitted. oh and no GHD,s lol

Edited by dazza 190

My gen 3 has around the 350-400 bhp mark........ :sofa: and I bought my air filter from Ebay ;)

(educated guess not dyno'd yet, but sheet will go up when it is :D )

Edited by John&Bex

i wonder what spec mine is then. :rolleyes:

it was advertised as a celica vvtli.... but it has leathers, e/sunroof and climate control, the alloy pedals, spoiler, 10 disc autochanger but no woofer all standard with the car.

not sure on alloys as it had aftermarket alloys fitted. oh and no GHD,s lol

Pop over here: http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/frame_start.jsp?id=Heritage_Celica_Brochures

And take a look at the brochure dated a little before the age of your car ... should find it there. Though from the sounds of it yours is a Celica 190 :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.