What have i bought!

stev1der

Do you find that you get people wanting to race you in your celica's???

Tonight, i had my mate in the car for the first time, showing him the "lift" and before i know it i had a set of headlights right up my chuff!!!

Thinking it was the plod, i slowed, to be overtaken by a crappy old Type R. Who nearly wrote himself off in the central island!

Should i be expecting more of these encounters? :huh:

yes, i get it from audi drivers at roundabouts and lights usually :P

today i got in to the car after it was parked for a while, and there was a 4x4 BMW parked behind me. i turned on the engine and set the guys car alarm off :P

i turned on the engine and set the guys car alarm off :P

LOL multi storey car parks are a hunting ground for sensitive car alarms with the custom system on my gen4 .. :giveup:

But yeah,if you're giving it a bit and theres a bit of a boy around,they will have a bite to see what you've got.Curiosity mixed with slight jealousy usually

Tonight, i had my mate in the car for the first time, showing him the "lift" and before i know it i had a set of headlights right up my chuff!!!

Thinking it was the plod, i slowed, to be overtaken by a crappy old Type R. Who nearly wrote himself off in the central island!

I just laugh at them. He's the one who's trying to prove his self. You know what yours can do if you want to. You've got nothing to prove.

I've had it a few tomes, couldnt tell you what cars but I've always beat them, for some reason they keep edgeing forward cm by cm until they turn green, I just stay there, look at the lights from the other direction and wait for them to turn red, then I know mines turning green any second. And as soon as it's amber I'm away, Very realy I do it, but when I do man I love it :D

Always driven by bell ends mate so it's to be expected. Someone in a Vectra TDI had a go off the lights a few weeks ago, WTF!? I just set off slowly & eased through the gears, came side by side again at the next roundabout & beat him going round in the outside lane - your torqued up oil burmer can't do corners like that can it sunshine! 1 - 0

I don't really get people wanting to race, but I have left a few cocky midlife crisis enburndened businessmen looking shocked after I leave their BMW for dead with my celica screaming away in lift. It's sad, but it sure is good fun! :)

It is awesome. I personally love it more than not, its also nice when you come across someone respectable (ie not a corsa or saxo) and beat them then sit at the lights talking to them about cars for a while. I got completely devastated by a Cupra R turbo on the motorway and for the next 15 miles we were just driving along shouting at eachother through the windows about eachothers cars, not like "Yours is shit... AHHH!" but having a conversation lol he even warned me with his hazards about a police car coming up ahead when i started getting a bit carried away.

Yes you'll come across some dicks, 90% of the time you'll be faster than them, and the other 10% of the time they're so stupid that you don't even want to try to keep up.

Best game ever if you get an exhaust is to make as much noise as you can in the multistorey or underground car park and place bets as to how many alarms go off and how long before security come out :lol:

Edit: So I've been told... :rolleyes:

I get saxo's and corsa's thinking they can beat me at the lights. Quite amusing haha

Saxo's a Corsa's for me too, there is a Saxo VTR around where I live that keeps trying to have a pop at me, fails miserably every time though <-- this kid dont know the right time or place to have a little play though, sometimes I just let him passed as he drives like he's trying to get away from the police, dangerous stuff!

yep had some tool trying to race me thru bradford at 8.30 in the morning, when i was taking the kids to school, he was in a golf gti, put my foot down for a few seconds and watched him tear ass to next set of lights and slam on the anchors.

It does kind of go with the territory, it's a sporty looking car but not the most powerful so a lot of folk see it as relatively easy pickings. That's not to say they always win mind :P But if you were driving in quite a 'spirited' fashion showing your mate lift etc then maybe the Type R just thought you were up for a race and fancied a go... Who knows, maybe he was showing his mate vtec kicking in yo!

I only do it if i know i can beat them, i.e. saxos/corsas and other shitmobiles. Otherwise i leave them guessing - then they never know. Its like 'i'm blantently faster, so im not even going to bother' but of course im alot slower lol. 'Looks fast'

All about killing fat cats in huge supercharged Mercs/BMWs/Audis now a days and the odd supercar. Killed a R8 Spyder about a month ago! :D A lot of time for 4th gear roll ons. B) Car parks are always a good laugh too, as Alex said place bets on how many you can set off! ;)

Saxo's a Corsa's for me too, there is a Saxo VTR around where I live that keeps trying to have a pop at me, fails miserably every time though <-- this kid dont know the right time or place to have a little play though, sometimes I just let him passed as he drives like he's trying to get away from the police, dangerous stuff!

There's a good chance you'll be around when his engine disintegrates then, happy days ;)

Lad near me has a stripped out 106, full roll cage the works, had a chat with him at the lights once & he's serious about his motors. Motor sounds extremely chavish, but after talking with him I have quite a bit of respect for his superlight 1.6 now & you just know that manifold/zorst system is loud for real reasons.

Like Lex said above, it's all about liking motors & finding out more about them, too much dick swinging on the roads & then people get angry when they're beaten. I got lashed by a R32 once joining the M1 & gave him a respectful nod on the way past, whereas I blasted some suit in a Jag the other day & I've never seen anyone so enraged - div! Think I must've put a nail through the only good thing in his life, his Jaaaaaggg. Go back to your stressful, underpaid 9-5 you grey accountant monkey boy & take the thrashing like a man :D

I let them think they going to get a race off, then i just pull away gently at the lights leaving them launching themselves on their own and looking a tool :lol:

Wisdom comes with age.

Is that what you call a "back handed compliment"? :)

I came across this 306 last night, kitted up, huge exhuast that was mm's away from the ground. and a wish list of stickers on his back window telling the world of his mods....

so dual carradgeway... we pull away as normal, then he floors it, ( i can hear his beast exhuast crying lol) so i do too, end up right behind him... i slow down, bit mroe power and up his arse again...slow down... and right behind him again.... we get to the next set of lights...

I will not undertake anyone, i feel if they move over and let u pass, its more embarrassing for them lol

I decide to go into the left lane while lights are on red... this time he's not in my way.....I Look at him, laugh and away I go...

next time dont hold me up you french faggot lol!

Edited by Scott Baker

Yup my old 140 got tailgated loads, and ended up with two people in its BOOT because of it, they never learn lol

Have a 106 round from me that I keep seeing, he is up for it all the time, I just give him this little wry smile that sort of says... yeah... come back when your worthy :)

I like just taking it easy to be honest, I know what the car could do im pretty sure now im used to it, but its a lot more fun to let them shoot there wad at a set of lights lol :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.