Bad times

:: blade ::

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nasty indeed .. i have seen this before you are not the first poor sod.. has this car ever had a clutch fitted before. if so i would suspect that someone has pulled the box in using the bolts around the bellhousing because they were unable to get the bellhousing all the way back to the block. normally caused by bad clutch alignment..AKA Mr clutch ha ha .. but to be honest i think i would sling that clutch away and start with a fresh one..Good Luck mate i hope all goes well for ya. Have a good christmas..

Well just been taking parts off the car to have a better look and start taking it to bits, well the list is growing :( i now need a full new clutch and a starter motor now aswell here are some pics

4646fbdd.jpg

d2b577a3.jpg

c3938fc2.jpg

dba0c84b.jpg

f12202a9.jpg

So im no mechanic but i can say its a tad broke :)

Got most of it off but the driveshafts are stuck in the box so will have to have another go when i get chance, but on closer inspection,it seems that most of the bolts are now missing so i dont know how all that happened so to get some of them now aswell :(

Thats what i thought but the start turns freely and theres no damage to the flywheel or the starter cog so its abit weired, im thinking it was just a weak part in the box. Will check the piece thats wedged inself in the rad, as it looks alot dirtier and rusty which the other parts of the box ive found arnt and have a clean break :(

Considering some bolts seem to be missing my guess would be it has had a clutch in the past and the mechanic was a little weak when it came to tightening the bolts, the starter bolts may have come loose causing it to twist thus putting extra strain on the alloy bell housing.

Well, recieved my new clutch today just need a starter motor then im ready to go and get it finished :D i now know what has caused all this mess, and it wasnt the gearbox or starter motor :) or the actual clutch plate, here are a few pics for you of part of the culprit :)

9f799733.jpg

72f1e25b.jpg

65a8a5b4.jpg

That was the chunk that went through my rad :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.