Rant..

So 10 minutes ago I was parked stationary at a petrol pump and some bloke decides he can career into my wing mirror. It left 3 or 4 relatively minor scratches but with me just 2 feet away he couldn't even so much as pause to say sorry. I would probably had shrugged it off but now I have to live with knowing my baby has 3 scratches from a douche bag who couldn't even apologise.

I have his number plate, time and assume the garage has footage and I just want to be a pain in the arse for him now.

Rah :( :(

Good luck getting it sorted.

Wierdly enough someone posted this on the OC the other day.

I was waiting for petrol when the guy in front decided he didn't want to wait anymore, slammed his car in reverse and drove straight into me. He cracked a headlight only which was lucky. Anyway I took all his details and a woman that lived next door to the garage witnessed everything (and it happened to be an old school mates mum ). The woman working at the forecourt saw everything too and said at least no one was hurt (which made me feel much better, not).

When I'd finished work I rang the guy, the number didn't exist. I then told the police and said the numbers wrong but as soon as I told them were it happened they weren't interested. Because a garage forecourt is private property . The address turned out to be someone elses too.

Basically I had 2 eye witnesses, I was in the car, cctv footage, given false details and the police wouldn't help because of were it happened. I told them that he's given me false details and basically drove off but still they wouln't help. I eventually saw this car driving down the road so followed it down this estate. It went down a cul de sac so I blocked the road off and confronted the two guys in the car (2 different guys ). They said he's gone into hiding because he's a drug dealer or something. The guy had a distinctive phone and this was still on the dash so I grabbed it got the number and told em I'm going to ring him everyday until I get my car fixed and if I see him, well....

I never did get it fixed but was totally let down by the police.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Wierdly enough someone posted this on the OC the other day.

Couple of years back i had similar to this happen to me but was the garage owner reversed his car into mine when i was stationary at the pump. Stove in the rear wing and made a right mess of it. He told me to come back the next day as he was in a hurry and would sort out. Needless to say each time i went in there he was unavailable and he didnt answer the door of the house either (next door) A week later i knocked at the door again and he opened the window upstairs and said 'what you want?' i said 'insurance details or what you going to do about this mess' He shouts back down 'nothing to do with me plus if you thinking of calling the police its private ground so they wont be interested' then he shut the window.

I was mad as hell

Called police who werent interested.

Three people i know told me leave it, its not worth the aggro you'll get, he's a nasty b*stard, got history with the Krays

That just made me even more determined, the s*it thought i'd give up he had another thought coming.

Lol it was on my way to work, i dropped by twice daily and went in the garage, if he wasnt there i'd go bang on his door and he'd yell at me from the top window.

For 3 weeks i went there every single day and demanded he do something about it. By the beginning of the 4th week he said 'ffs take it to the bodyshop up the road and get a quote done and i'll sort it.'

The following week it was in and done, £375 but to my knowledge he never paid them but eventually agreed to do them some free mots

So, if someone does something like this, dont let the *ucker think they can just ignore the fact and get away with it

A similsr thing happened when I was driving our old zafira. The road was quite narrow and I was stationary while this cockface smashed my wing mirror off with his own Picasso wing mirror driving past. Told the rozzers and had to produce my documents. Everything was there except the MOT certificate, which incidentially is all online and can be checked so printed off the page. Then got told off because I didn't produce a valid cetificate.

So if anybody sees a Citroen Picasso reg GF06 VYY let me know. Would love to have a chat with the owner.

Report it to your insurance company and let them chase it. It'll be easier for them with the data base they can look at. Go get the fucker.

I wouldnt even think about involving your insurance company for a wing miror,frustrating though it is.At your renewal whatever the outcome itll be "Made a claim did we Madam,how dare you actually make us have to do something in return for the money you pay us...i'll sharpen my biro while you get your money out"

In fact unless you have a 100% set in stone claim for anything ,starting off the process is a waste of time and your money.Like said,would have been nice to have booted the ignorant bastards car at the time and see how he liked it.Some real arseholes about.He was probably an insurance salesman. :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.