Does anyone else suffer from ....

K4BGO

Spending a good few hours washing, polishing and hoovering the car etc. only for 2 days later its covered in tree sap and other residues that will only come off with another wash!!!!

Absolutely devvo'd, and I'm ready to chainsaw all the trees down at the side of the park, due to having no choice but to park there for work!

At least there ain't no birds@@t over it yet though.

Opposite the work yard, a company is doing ground works, so after every day my car is covered in dust, wash, polish at weekend. Monday covered in crap...... Its driving me mad :angry:

Been wanting to wash my car for the last few weeks. Weather was mostly fine for the week, but as soon as I'm free on the weekends it rains :rolleyes:

It doesn't help that the main staff car park at work is basically a gravel track- car looks like it's been in Dubai for weeks after a couple of hours :lol:

pigeons sit directly above my drive way on a power line , i have learned to park either on my lawn in the summer or leave it on the road in the winter , stupily , my wife hasnt :lol:

I've not broke my back polishing my GT yet...wash it every weekend if the weather permits though. But have the same outdoor dust/tree mess to deal with...left it for 2 days once, came back to it caked in bird shit which had baked in the sun. Horribly hard to get off haha! Luckily my work has a big multi storey indoor car park...and my cars silver...so that combination means it can stay relatively clean looking for a week or so if the weathers alright. It's mainly just my gigantic 18" wheels that get CAKED in brake dust and road shite.

Opposite the work yard, a company is doing ground works, so after every day my car is covered in dust, wash, polish at weekend. Monday covered in crap...... Its driving me mad :angry:

I know how you feel, they're building a school OPPOSITE my house, so you can imagine how much dust my car gets covered in

I spent all last Sunday giving mine a good clean, it was that bad that after I had polished it it was covered in dust so had to wipe down each panel before waxing it, then it was covered in sap by the morning!!

try a big copper nail, that works wonders in the base of a tree so I have been told!!

my current project is bringing Blu's 17yr's exhaust pipe back to chrome.... been polishing for 2 weeks and about 20 man hours so far (using Autosol, Wirewool and WD40)...

My next project is to invent a protective/rust proof spray that disolves built up carbon with one spray, and shines to dazzling chrome in seconds :D

Edited by The Blue Meenie

even worse .. spent 8 hours getting it ready for a show... then parked it right near the arena where everyone was racing... got covered in dust .. even got under my bonnet :(

Yes, it was rather dusty at YMS, Daves Nissan was doing a great job of protecting the other Celicas on show though laugh.gif

My next project is to invent a protective/rust proof spray that disolves built up carbon with one spray, and shines to dazzling chrome in seconds :D

get some ACF50.

once it's clean, spray a few layers of that on, leave to dry, and then a lil buff with a cloth. Most stuff should come off easilly after that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.