K-seal, anyone heard of or used?

not used it, but a guy at unipart said it was better than radweld.

but im thinking you dont want your heater matrix blocked up if thats what it does(or do you mean a leak in the matrix?

Edited by petest202

It was indeed me, and funnily enough I had used a bottle of K-Seal in a desperate attempt to deny to myself that my HG was blowing. ;)

Using this stuff potentially causes more problems than it might cure ...

waterway_2.jpg

waterway_1.jpg

Cleaned ... that stuff was rock solid and needed to be chipped out with a sharp screwdriver ...

waterway_clear.jpg

(Alan ... particularly the 1800, I believe ... :lol:)

Angus

Edited by Angus

not used it, but a guy at unipart said it was better than radweld.

but im thinking you dont want your heater matrix blocked up if thats what it does(or do you mean a leak in the matrix?

I meant blocks it up in the way you wouldn't get hot air out of it again!

K seal.

Legend (maybe fact) has it that K series engines were always prone to head cracks, even under warranty and that Rover developed this stuff to get the engines past warranty period. ie customer comes in with almost new car and overheating probs due to head or gasket failure. Service guys pop this stuff in and it works, stops the water leak to exhaust system.

As shown by Angus, it is not recommended. Well, not recommended is putting it mildly.

If you use this stuff you are a loser, you're a lazy beggar for not getting the fault rectified and you will be despised by all and eternally damned to the bad fire.

Well, yeah, BUT.

There is a place for this stuff.

Highly not recommended, but let's take an all-too-familiar situation...

the car is not worth much, the owner has no intention of spending dosh on the car, the owner perhaps has no money to spend.

What does he do?

Scrap the car or drop in the K-seal and hope for the best.

I know what I'd do.

So even though it shouldn't be used, there are situations where it is the only option open.

the only cure for a head gasket problem how ever slight is simple a NEW head gasket.

the only time to use that crap is as get you home fix, to repair very shortly afterwards but flush system fully before stripping down and carry out repair, saves time later and stops it drying out in system once stripped

Edited by lazybones

Well Im one of the loosers that's used this in my track car. I had a leak from my radiator I think, so I put some of this in nearly 2 years ago and the leak stopped.

Ive never changed the oil or coolent in the car and its still going. Every time I drive it, it gets thrashed to the redline in as many gears as I can and its still running. The heater still blows hot air and its only just started occasionally leaking coolent again. I dont know what its done to the engine, but if it breaks it doesnt matter its a French pushrod engine designed in the 60 and im looking forward to replacing it with something with more cylinders or a turbo.

Not sure Id put it in a celica though, id doesnt really solve the problem

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.