Whys this g7 so cheap? :S

could have High mileage and i never trust anyone who says a car is hpi clear, and even if it is, doesnt mean it not been involved in a crash. the problem with gumtree is alot of scams go on there as its not moderated

if its all genuine then its a right steal of a price tho

also funny how its advertised as red and its blue

Edited by Dan23

also funny how its advertised as red and its blue

The "Red" only came in Silver or Black, Dan.

What rings an alarm bell with me is you would expect the owner to know that the paint is not metallic. As already mentioned, unless its been to the moon and back..it's too cheap.

Are you able to check out the mileage at the last MOT test using the Reg. No.?

The "Red" only came in Silver or Black, Dan.

What rings an alarm bell with me is you would expect the owner to know that the paint is not metallic. As already mentioned, unless its been to the moon and back..it's too cheap.

Are you able to check out the mileage at the last MOT test using the Reg. No.?

No you would need the reg and document ref number off the v5 to find out

Haha, if its for real, i would have it hahaha

But i really dont believe it, theres a lot of wording in the advert (which is also looks like what garages write on ebay/autotrader) which the car doesnt even have.. :lol:

And i dont fancy going to london to find no car there haha

.. happened to my sis, someone sent her 60 mile away to turn phone off and never reply and no car was there, niether was there any people!

Could be a scam, I found one like that on pistonheads, I emailed the seller and they said they was in australia on a business trip and need the money to finance it further, they then said piston heads are holding the car and once I pay the car will be delivered to my house with 24 hours to return it if I am unhappy

Yea rite

Best way to find out is contact them and see if they will actually let you veiw the car if not it's a scam

If it's too good to be true....usually is

Or it's done near 200k miles

reply -

Hi,

You sent me an email about my 2004 celica on gumtree few days ago, I couldn't reply sooner because your email arrived in my junk folder. The car it's up for sale at £ 1750 now and I believe it's a good price for a car with 88,000 miles and no accidents.

P.S. If my email arrives into your junk as well, add me to your safe list so you can receive my emails into inbox

I have uploaded some pics here: ( click on the right arrow to view all pictures )

http://jump.fm/AVVJL/previousNext/

Why not say it? I think people are over analysing this a bit much. There's no Freudian way of calculating whether someone is being honest about a bump or two from a flat text advert anyway. Some cars are cheap, some cars aren't. I tend to see it like this:

Guy A spends his time polishing his car and putting wheels on it and carbon wrapping things inside, changes the oil on the car (that has had 5 previous owners) every 100 miles and thinks it's worth FAR more than it actually is due to being a pedantic fool. Never sells car and in his humiliated state declares 'I just couldn't let it go in the end' (NO..you just couldn't get rid because you're delusional)

Guy B spends little to no time on his car, just drives it, doesn't care about the history of the make/model and just takes it to Tescos for a wash from time to time, decides he wants to sell up and takes a really quick glance at prices on Autotrader, see's one at £X amount and thinks to himself he'll sell it for slightly less as he wants a quick sale. Guy gets quick sale, but not before being engulfed with pointless questions about his car like 'what's the history'.

Guy C cares about his car and washes/polishes it but doesn't customise it, just keeps it in concourse condition, decides to sell up and asks slightly above market price due to knowing his has truly been cared for...doesn't sell for ages and ends up part ex'ing it on a Mondeo.

Each one has a massively different way of advertising their car, guy A lists every shiny bolt he's bought for it and the pointless oil changes. Guy B advertises it in the only way he knows how...bare facts and a quick 'oh its not been bumped into either'. Guy C says he has every receipt and stamp in the book and says how he loves it but it's time to move on and how it's a great summer car.

Moral: Adverts aren't worth the web space they occupy, go see a car then judge!

I sold my GF's 2005 Corsa recently. Wasn't in mint condition, above average mileage, part service history, put it on Autotrader online for £2,350, which was £100 above the 'Private Sale' figure on the Parkers SMS valuation service.

Sold to the first viewer 2 days after the ad went up, 2nd phone call, for £2,200.

Told him it'd never been in accident, all original panels etc..

What he didn't ask was if it'd had any mechanical failure - the Camshaft had literally snapped TWICE in 2 years (manufacturing fault that VX won't take responsibility for), so it was a ticking time bomb. But he didn't ask.

We'd been offered as low as £1,200 Part-Ex at Ford, would have been happy with £1,800 private sale bearing in mind the history, so were made up when we got £2,200. Guess you have to ask the right questions - often 'no accidents' is true but it should lead you to digging a bit deeper.... death rattle springs to mind here.

It's great what a valet and a clean engine bay can do for a sale.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.