GT, taken up the rear

samuaw

Gutted for you Sam, the car can be fixed though, hopefully at no cost to you and will soon be back to full health. Shame about the accident but 100% his fault as he didn't leave sufficient room to stop. Let's hope the insurance company recognise it and pay you out ASAP.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted about the GT sam!!! :( hope you don't get any hassle from him or the insurance co. as mentioned above be prepared to pay more for your insurance. when i had my s2000 tht got hit while parked in a pub carpark and eventhough i wasnt in or near the car i had to pay 120 quid more because apparently im now more of a risk (wot a load of cod s**t)! anyway on the upside ya could try and blag a real TRD valance.....may not work lol :unsure:

well hope your OK and sorted in time for show season!

catch ya soon

Nick

Damn! so sorry to hear this Sam! :(

such a sad sight! I hope you can get her fixed up and back to new ASAP!!

Hopefully Golf driver's insurance will pay for it all seeing as he was 100% at fault :D

Edited by InsolentMinx

Any update on this yet? Hirer car in yet? what work needed? awaiting a massive list!

The other party takes full liability. Whoo hooo! But I have yet to hear from my own insurance about the matter.. (odd)

Hire car sorted out- That's the guarantee hire car PLUS- Whatever that is, they are on stand by for pick up and delivery or drop car off where I will be getting the job done with an enterprise rent a car- whatever they will supply.

Getting the car looked at tomorrow before the "engineer" comes and looks at the damage and authorises the parts that needs buying and painting...

So got to have a quick check over the car to see if there are any other bits that was damaged.

Been called and texted a handful of times by silly insurance sharks asking if I were injured, Or they have a report saying i was injured and would i like to claim up to £3k. As nice as it sounds... no..

So it all seems pretty much sorted.

Well minus the actaul fixing part of course, But that'll come in due time!

I got all them texts about my injuries being worthy of 3 grand! just goes to show how insurers will hand out your mobile number!

Please make sure your aware when taking out your hire car mate, My car was fixed in november after a van reveresed into it at work.

My hire car issue is still not resolved and the third part insurer has been taken toc ourt for not paying up for my hire car.

AND! the cheeky lawyer wants a bank statement off me to proove I cannot pay for the hire car... I gave him a mouth full of abuse telling him I was paying 250 pound a month insurance at the time and it woudlnt matter if i had 1 pound or 10 grand in the abnk i am not paying for ym hire car.

The hire car charges on my forms were 126 pound for 2 weeks. But This did not apply to me as third party was to blame and took liability. But they hire car company are chargin them 900 quid for em having the car... and if I was the third part insurer I wouldnt want to pay either.

I had alot of hasstle, phone bills and letters etc about my car after it was hit and ti stressed me out. I hope you have a speedy fix without half the hasstle I had.

I will not be going thru the insurance again unless my car is split in two... for just a bump its not worth it.

hopefully get ya car back on the rd as new soon :)

I got all them texts about my injuries being worthy of 3 grand! just goes to show how insurers will hand out your mobile number!

Please make sure your aware when taking out your hire car mate, My car was fixed in november after a van reveresed into it at work.

My hire car issue is still not resolved and the third part insurer has been taken toc ourt for not paying up for my hire car.

AND! the cheeky lawyer wants a bank statement off me to proove I cannot pay for the hire car... I gave him a mouth full of abuse telling him I was paying 250 pound a month insurance at the time and it woudlnt matter if i had 1 pound or 10 grand in the abnk i am not paying for ym hire car.

The hire car charges on my forms were 126 pound for 2 weeks. But This did not apply to me as third party was to blame and took liability. But they hire car company are chargin them 900 quid for em having the car... and if I was the third part insurer I wouldnt want to pay either.

I had alot of hasstle, phone bills and letters etc about my car after it was hit and ti stressed me out. I hope you have a speedy fix without half the hasstle I had.

I will not be going thru the insurance again unless my car is split in two... for just a bump its not worth it.

hopefully get ya car back on the rd as new soon :)

Thanks for that.. Yeah i can imagine that hire car places will rape the other party for hiring a car, because they have to. So I'll make sure of that. I am not getting the hire car till i have the fund from the other party to get the repairs done. So with that I hope they know they are paying more for my hire car!

Yeah in all fairness.. I this situation i would have just asked to do it without the insurers, as to repair my car would have been less than my excess (mine is high!) But his car was fooked SO.. Had to do it via insurance.

Fingers crossed, I get my car back to normal sometime in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Update-

Car is now in the workshop, To be repaired.

And My courtesy car... Supplied by enterprise,

They classed my Celica as a "premium" car as it is technically a Sports car. So instead of giving me a Ford Ka, They deemed my use to be on motorways and what not, So they gave me something slightly larger- By slightly.. I mean a whole lot larger!

23032011543.jpg

Saab 93 1.9TID- Yes thats a turbo...

I don't feel like driving it in all fairness as i don't seem to be able to park it very well with it having such a big arse. I have the Lexus in the background to drive too, But....

For £137.49 a DAY! I might as well! Paid by the courtesy of the other party.

Also stay tuned, The car will return ... maybe just after the weekend, I guess Slightly improved too.

Edited by samuaw

Phase 1 of 2

Got the car back, looking as fresh as the day it came.

Anything new? or anything missing?

30032011544.jpg

Well it is clear I don't have a Valance on. And also the Exhaust is off...

Got the black trim painted too,

Reason being that, It looks nicer when phase two happens- Aka something new for the rear. So no more black trim for the car at all![ Apart from the whole interior.]

Was nice getting back into the Celica, After a week in the Saab, I forgot how short my short shifter was- Felt goood!..... and also how fuel inefficient the celica is compared to a 1.9 diesel.. :(

Case has yet to be closed for the complete repair of the car.

But the case has been closed for the insurance jobbie as soon as £139x 8(days)=£1112 for the rental car fees with the other insurers :)

Edited by samuaw

looks frk-frk-frk-frk-fresh :thumbs:

gonna get the same rear valance, or tempted by something different?

Let's just say. Whatever will go on it,

It will:

Be painted Thunder grey (well that's obvious)

Compliment the car in the form it is now.

More aesthetically pleasing than the way it was pre-crash.

Make people drool due to the pure sexy nature of the product.

:)

Edited by samuaw

Let's just say. Whatever will go on it,

It will:

Be painted Thunder grey (well that's obvious)

Compliment the car in the form it is now.

More aesthetically pleasing than the way it was pre-crash.

Make people drool due to the pure sexy nature of the product.

:)

:D

so many options... ;)

glad you've got her back and hopefully won't be too out of pocket from the whole experience

Looks good :)

have to say it though but is it any wonder car insurance is so much when they stiff the party at blame for £138 per day for a hire car. Just checked and prices were less than that for premium car class even before applying any discount codes so I would have thought the cost to insurers would be less due to bulk discount?

Looks good :)

have to say it though but is it any wonder car insurance is so much when they stiff the party at blame for £138 per day for a hire car. Just checked and prices were less than that for premium car class even before applying any discount codes so I would have thought the cost to insurers would be less due to bulk discount?

Yeah i found that quite odd too. They marked up the prices big time as it is the case of everyone jumping on board on a winning case.

Injury lawyers and all that jazz wanting to win more for themselves more than for the client. In this case Enterprise is doing the same thing as they'll claim all the costs from the other insurers. They were all very happy for me take their car "premium" car off their hands, also under the age of 25- which they will never rent you a nice car for my age. If I had any other rubbish car being repaired they would have give me a Ford Ka, But I had the choice and insisted I were to take the Estate. I wasn't paying so I didn't care too much what i took,

So it is just car rental places striking a referral deal with insurers. A very win win situation for them so. Sucky in how the whole operation jacks up insurances premiums, But it is just how the world goes round. :(

Edited by samuaw

i had the same happen with me when someone drove into the back of me, they gave a brand new s class jag which i had for 3 weeks and cained the shit out of it lol, was a top spec one to, electric everything, built in satnav bluetooth, you name it it had it lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.