How to remove an immobiliser?

jdmawd

Does anyone know how to remove an immobiliser???

when I bought my car it came with one key and a daft little plastic thing that you pressed against a small "reader" to turn off the immobiliser.

Well........ I have managed to loose that daft little thing!!! Its been on my bunch of about 20 assorted house and car keys - went to start her up today and low and behold its missing.

The car doesnt show any lights when ignition is turned on - until the immobiliser is de-activated.

Any ideas folks???? :thumbs:

Edited by jdmawd

varies on each one - but you need to trace the wires back to see where it has been spliced into

If I were able to trace the wires back would it be as simple as just ripping out the wires or would that leave the immobiliser turned on?

Im just guessing but I think its been linked to the ignition or battery because the car has no electrical power until the immobiliser is deactivated.

I had a problem with my alarm blocking things. Took out the glove box, located the alarm, found the two wires for the ignition and just wired them together. Obviously this disabled the alarm but meh. I imagine you can do something similar.

I had a problem with my alarm blocking things. Took out the glove box, located the alarm, found the two wires for the ignition and just wired them together. Obviously this disabled the alarm but meh. I imagine you can do something similar.

Yeah no alarm doesnt really bother me( snap off steering wheel)...... Ill need to see exactly what Im working with..... any ideas how much an auto electrician would charge to remove it???

I had an aftermarket alarm and immobilser on my old car.It came with a key fob that unlocked the car/deactivited the alarm and the immobilser. If you didn't start the car within a minute of pressing the unlock button it would arm again. With the fob was another plastic dongle that you could press againts a reader which was in the dash to mobilise as well.

If yours is a similar set up it you be be able to turn your immobilser off with the key fob?

Yeah I'd find the alarm/immobiliser box, trace all the wiring back where it's been spliced into the car loom and remove it all, put it back to standard.

I've had to do this on a couple of cars now with stupid aftermarket alarms (which drive me insane with rage, hate them), alarm sounding on flat battery, timed immobiliser, auto locking the car (with your keys inside obviously) etc - just irritating things which you don't need and will cause you problems at some point....

Yeah I'd find the alarm/immobiliser box, trace all the wiring back where it's been spliced into the car loom and remove it all, put it back to standard.

I've had to do this on a couple of cars now with stupid aftermarket alarms (which drive me insane with rage, hate them), alarm sounding on flat battery, timed immobiliser, auto locking the car (with your keys inside obviously) etc - just irritating things which you don't need and will cause you problems at some point....

Ill get in at it tomo, try and take some pics ...... Is it usually quite simple to remove??? Electrics scare the sh1t out of me!

Ill get in at it tomo, try and take some pics ...... Is it usually quite simple to remove??? Electrics scare the sh1t out of me!

Yeah usually pretty simple. You just need to find which wires they cut and solder them back together, and remove any they've spliced onto the loom. The last one I did was made even easier because the asshole who fitted the alarm hadn't even soldered the wires...just taped wires on with electrical tape :thumbs:

Yeah usually pretty simple. You just need to find which wires they cut and solder them back together, and remove any they've spliced onto the loom. The last one I did was made even easier because the asshole who fitted the alarm hadn't even soldered the wires...just taped wires on with electrical tape :thumbs:

oooh lets hope the same mug did mine too :(

if the wires are coloured your good , remofve , join together and your away again , however some are fitted with just black wires , this means its easy to find the live but a real fooker to find the return , an auto electricion will stick a live down wires to find out where its off to so you know which to join up , and thats why i type this , hopefully they have colour , if not then stick a live down them and see where it ends up , its not easy granted and good luck , if you do give up then simply find someone whos fitting alarms and get them to come out and stick a new one on it , this is cheaper than getting a sparky out to sort it then leaving you without an alarm

if the wires are coloured your good , remofve , join together and your away again , however some are fitted with just black wires , this means its easy to find the live but a real fooker to find the return , an auto electricion will stick a live down wires to find out where its off to so you know which to join up , and thats why i type this , hopefully they have colour , if not then stick a live down them and see where it ends up , its not easy granted and good luck , if you do give up then simply find someone whos fitting alarms and get them to come out and stick a new one on it , this is cheaper than getting a sparky out to sort it then leaving you without an alarm

:thumbs: I think I shall say a prayer tonight! :(

have a cut and paste from somewhere else

Have you tried the instruction manual? [Eh?]

Well, if not, then I'll save you the effort as I have mine in my hand...

1. Turn the ignition on and off twice and then turn the ignition back on within a 7 second period.

2. LED fast flashes for 3 seconds.

3. Turn the ignition back on and press button 1 on the new transmitter to teach it to the system.

3. Turn the ignition off.

4. Leave the ignition off for 25 seconds to exit.

Hope this helps [Mr. Green]

hellooooooooooooooooooo look what i found

http://www.ncs-systems.com/prod/662

Ur the man..... and its a fiver cheaper too :huh:

Ive just seen though... there are two models and one requires you to have a working master key to disarm the immobiliser for programming of the new fob?

knowing my bloody luck..... Ill have that one. keep those fingers, toes,legs and arms crossed buddy! :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.