edwardio

Underbody lighting  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should I fit underbody lighting?

• Yes - If you're building a show car
    • Yes - It can look good
    • No
    • Don't be a complete twat!

What are peoples thoughts on Underbody lighting?

I've on & off thought about doing it for ages. I find a kit, sit on it for ages deciding whether to buiy it or not & then just when I'm about to buy it I change my mind. Then months later, I end up back to square one thinking about it.

I just can't decide if I would like it or not on my car!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is it, the will NOT be a show car. I just go through spells of liking the idea & not liking the idea of having them!

I think part of the problem is that I'm going to be fitting a few switches in the car & I'm struggling as to what to connect to them! :)

Check out my sig and mod thread :)

I only use mine at shows though, but they are all wired upto the central locking.

I use ICELED gear, customice will vouch for how good it is, but mega expensive

I think they can look good dependant on the car. Its a very rude boi thing to have though, just see them on little novas where they have got a neon on the underneath.

They arn't that expensive tbh, and not that hard to fit either, my mate had them and he had them connected to a switch, so he literally could just switch it on and off when he liked. Was quite cool actually. It's very "look at me". I have thought about them, but i think i would at least need a completed kitted car and i have literally done 0 mods to my car.

I think they can look awesome depending on the car....I don't think it needs to be a full on kitted up show car but the car needs to suit the look and have a certain stance about it.

I would say go for it and see what you think, your car dude. If you really don't like it then sell the kit on :)

This what the ones look like that I put on our car. They are not on a switch as such but controlled via a remote. They can be whatever colour you want them to be, the remote has preset colours and patterns but also has 3 DIY buttons for making your own colours. They only ever come on at shows and unless they are turned on you would never no they where there :)

post-26968-1296122379_thumb.jpg

Check out my sig and mod thread :)

I only use mine at shows though, but they are all wired upto the central locking.

I use ICELED gear, customice will vouch for how good it is, but mega expensive

ICELED, oh hell yeah the absolute best you can get.

I like underlighting on vehicles, some cars it really doesn't suit. Celi's IMO lend themselves quite well, but the golden rule is only show the glow. LED/Neon elements must not be visible for it to look any good.

I've some pics somewhere of a Mitsi GTO i did recently with an ICELED flexdriver, ZAP+ controller and multicolour LED tape, looked wicked.

they can look good.

i think they're a bit marmite.

I think they might look good if you're slammed and only the glow seeping out from under the bodywork can be seen.... but otherwise it can look a little odd.

I've had LEDs on both my bikes. People loved them on my cruiser with all the reflecting chrome, but with them on my sportsbike i get mixed remarks.

I love em though, and that's all i care about :)

Like a broken pencil - pointless!

Much like aftermarket alloys (weight reduction aside, they're still round), painting engine plastics, painting calpiers, or any number of things to do with modified cars.

It's all to do with taste. :)

Its your car mate, if you want to do it, then do it.

Always thought that people who use them on the road are just asking for trouble from the plod and look a lil stupid. But they look good if your at a meet or for night time photos.

Oh and pet hate of mine is if you can see the bars, they have to be tucked right up underneth just to give a nice glow. If you can see the bars it looks terrible. Thats just what I think anyway

Im fitting footwell neons to mine that are wired into the door lights

Edited by Ghoulscout

Much like aftermarket alloys (weight reduction aside, they're still round), painting engine plastics, painting calpiers, or any number of things to do with modified cars.

It's all to do with taste. :)

Not the same. I fitted aftermarket alloys because the regular Toyota ones are made of cheese, painting calipers stops them corroding, dunno about engine plastics though.

Underbody lights are so Essex, but, as has been pointed out, it's his car so he can do what he likes with it.

Just opinions which we all know are like *rs*h*l*s :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.