Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
G.Lewarne

Hose pipe recommendations

Question

Bit more of an unusual question for everyone.

I prefer to wash my cars myself, and my only suitable tap for connection is in my back garden, which I then have to route through the house to the front.  All this is fine, but I'm fed up of hoses suddenly bursting in my kitchen and front room causing a right mess.

Ive narrowed my choices down to either a Hozelock or Karcher brand hose-on-a-reel.   Which is the more sturdy and resistant to bursting, but can take the twists and turns and remain flexible?

5 answers to this question

I find Hozelock spot on for the main hose, believe it is dual layered, can't comment on the Karcher other than the pressure washer.

I hope I haven't just cursed mine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've had a Hozelok reel for a very long time and it's only now got one pinhole in it.

Although it doesn't seem to be a very popular method, for years, I've been using one of those brushes that you place a small stick of soap inside and attach the the end of the hose as my "first line of attack". Only problem is that you need get the flow rate just right or the soap just gets blasted away too quick. I've got a pressure washer but never liked it on the cars.

Sign in to follow this