Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

scott64

what have you done to your celica today...

Question

thought i would start a new thread on what members have done to their celica`s on any given day :D ....so i spent a couple of hours just washing and polishing my gen7 today :) detailed all in the boot and door gaps cleaned the inside and polished the dash, door cards and cleaned all the leather :rolleyes: sorry about the pics but they were taken on my mobile and its started to get dark now but you get the general idea ;)

20121118150433.jpg

/20121118150302.jpg

20121118150312.jpg

20121118150246.jpg

20121118150416.jpg

thats the start of this thread......so what have you done to your celica today

Edited by scott64

4,855 answers to this question

9 hours ago, arizona said:

Made a heatshield for the 205 squiggly manifold, its a bit bright silver though so contemplating the matt black high temp paint found in the shed..

then I was going to fit the strut brace but all went wrong, Ken was mowing and there's gravel stone filled flowerbeds...........:blink: bang, i was showered with stones at high speed but worse the rear screen of the car shattered into a million bits :brickwall:

Anyway a pic of the better part of yesterday

DSC_0189_zpsmg3z65ka.jpg

It looks like you have wrapped it in chainmail?

Protection against Heat and Medieval slashing weapons? :)

PlastiKote'd my original engine covers and fitted them.They were (are) utterly fucked. Even after removing as much if the previous Thunder grey paint that someone had applied, with a potato, they are stil battered and scored so look a little tatty, if shiny and black. Oh, and my own painting skills aren't much better than the previous Potato master's was.

But, they are only on there until I find someone to do a decent job on the (unpainted) replacements I have and for less that £300.

I would post a picture but it would only look similar VVTI's except not as tidy... And my airbox is still thunder grey.

Had a run out in the 22gt this afternoon , now that i have sorted the timing by re aligning the distributor , gave it a rest then into the gen 6

up the hill to walk the dog, the transition from gen 1 to Gen 6 is quite interesting, gen 1 much noisier and throaty , gen 6 , quiet smooth and gets on with it.

22gt 2.jpg

22gt.jpg

202 gt-2.jpg

202.gt-1.jpg

• Like 3

New bonnet badge to blend with the colour scheme a bit better.

5b3738ba16dea439f0e3a13b27ffd6fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

New bonnet badge to blend with the colour scheme a bit better.

5b3738ba16dea439f0e3a13b27ffd6fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sent it for MOT yesterday and got the call that it's failed, another case of a 7 requiring welding.

I miss having access to a ramp so I know what it's like underneath, but it only cost £40 for the job to be done.

Time to get it on a ramp and check the condition and take the skirts off to check the sills.

Replaced rear subframe, camber bolts and camber arms and roughly set rear camber.  Cut fingers and got paint all over myself.

• Like 1

New 3 price clutch kit fitted ready for Prescott school day. Good job as the old clutch was totally knackered.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, cipprio said:

New 3 price clutch kit fitted ready for Prescott school day. Good job as the old clutch was totally knackered.

nice one mate , i know rich VVTI had one done on his new tsport a week ago as well .

• Like 1

Just had the tracking done by fcm motorsport in Bristol. What a very experienced and professional company. The car feels and drives fantastic now.

got car back last week from paint

CJN%20Repaint%2017%20153_zpsq2rtak3j.jpg

CJN%20Repaint%2017%20152_zpssjr7c4bs.jpg

Japfest%202017%20030_zpsjn9gkgnm.jpg

Japfest%202017%20026_zpszkjgauhe.jpg

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Fitted these today

They are utter shite.

Advertised as being a quality product... Well they are a shiny product, if that's what the U.S. definition of quality is.

Anyway, after cutting away massive lumps of molding flash so bulbs will fit in them, they are in. I now I am waiting on some amber bulbs to replace the reversing one and wire up some LED strips to use as reversing lights.

Run out of Bullet connectors... and daylight.

And, I am not sure if I don't prefer my tinted pre-face lift tail lights :brickwall:

Photos to be added tomorrow