Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

scott64

what have you done to your celica today...

Question

thought i would start a new thread on what members have done to their celica`s on any given day :D ....so i spent a couple of hours just washing and polishing my gen7 today :) detailed all in the boot and door gaps cleaned the inside and polished the dash, door cards and cleaned all the leather :rolleyes: sorry about the pics but they were taken on my mobile and its started to get dark now but you get the general idea ;)

20121118150433.jpg

/20121118150302.jpg

20121118150312.jpg

20121118150246.jpg

20121118150416.jpg

thats the start of this thread......so what have you done to your celica today

Edited by scott64

4,768 answers to this question

Interested to see what system you've went for, can't think of many available as a full cat back. Something nice and subtle to match the rest of the car?

I simply walked past mine in the hotel car park for the 4th day this week :(

Interested to see what system you've went for, can't think of many available as a full cat back. Something nice and subtle to match the rest of the car?

I simply walked past mine in the hotel car park for the 4th day this week :(

It funny you should mention the word 'subtle', it's used in the manufacturer blurb:

cobra-toyota-celica-vvti-00-06-cat-back-

Made with T304 grade stainless Steel, mandrel bent and Tig welded which will allows a smooth flow to maximize power gains.

Designed to achieve a sporty but subtle sound and we back this up with a lifetime warranty!

Only suitable for 140s, T sporters need not apply.

To be honest i'm a bit worried it won't be subtle enough for my respectable cul-de-sac in a quiet village g-shock.gif

It arrives next Tuesday, dunno when we can fit it yet, my rear sub-frame bits are on the way back from the refurb place, and we intend to do some easy accessible 'surface' rust removal and anti-rust primer painting to the recessed places while the old exhaust and the rear sub-frame are off the car and out of the way. The petrol tank will be giving close scrutiny, it don't look too bad, but long story short we intend to sort out some good protection from rust all over the under-side at the rear end of the car.

Probably get done week after next...

Debs

• Like 1

I must say debs, you sure are showing your celica a major amount of love and attention, Well-done and keep up the good work. 😀 👍

I have a Cobra cat-back on mine and it is loud. Loud when starting up from cold on idle, but does quieten down on idle once the choke turns off. Makes quite a noise once under way though, engine warm or cold. Can hear mine coming from a couple of blocks away atleast.

I have a Cobra cat-back on mine and it is loud. Loud when starting up from cold on idle, but does quieten down on idle once the choke turns off. Makes quite a noise once under way though, engine warm or cold. Can hear mine coming from a couple of blocks away atleast.

Oh dear, it really doesn't suit me to have a loud sounding exhaust system, although i suppose it depends upon how loud is loud, i was hoping sporty and subtle would at least be neighbourly acceptable. But i know what you mean about the start up, mine idles around 1500 revs while warming up, and i don't want to rattle the crystal chandeliers before pulling away.

not sure what to do now, i may attempt to cancel the order...

Debs

Oh dear, it really doesn't suit me to have a loud sounding exhaust system, although i suppose it depends upon how loud is loud, i was hoping sporty and subtle would at least be neighbourly acceptable. But i know what you mean about the start up, mine idles around 1500 revs while warming up, and i don't want to rattle the crystal chandeliers before pulling away.

not sure what to do now, i may attempt to cancel the order...

Debs

debs my custom midrange one is quiter on idle but sounds louder when you open it up

Edited by celica1977

Don't get me wrong it's not devastantingly loud, but it is a throaty and "popping" exhaust. There's a video on YouTube of the system made by the company which may give you on idea, but they are always louder in real life than in videos though.

We live in a bungalow and the car is on the drive right outisde the window, and I have to move the car of the drive onto the pavement when defrosting the windscreen as it causes vibrations i the lounge.

What I'm basically getting at is, it's loud when starting up from cold, but once warmed up it's alot more subtle. If you drive into your street nice and slowly and feather the throttle like I do, it's not too bad.

Edited by Cal670

Don't get me wrong it's not devastantingly loud, but it is a throaty and "popping" exhaust. There's a video on YouTube of the system made by the company which may give you on idea, but they are always louder in real life than in videos though.

agree mate in a video is a complete different sound

Surely itll come with a silencer bung of some sort to quieten it down? If not ive got one spare for a 3 inch exit i think
Mine is pretty loud but with the bung in it softens it enough for the cold starts :) then you can just pop it out at the weekends for the full whack!

The Cobra system doesn't come with a bung, and you need to drill your own holes if you want to fit one.

P.S. When did they become so expensive?! £474? I paid £347 for mine last June.

The Cobra system doesn't come with a bung, and you need to drill your own holes if you want to fit one.

P.S. When did they become so expensive?! £474? I paid £347 for mine last June.

Most places have them priced up at £400, however i found a deal for £347.49 [ which i paid ] and got a email saying it was a pricing error but they will honour it with good will.

I guess it's not a bad exhaust considering it's British made good quality S/S and designed for a 140, but just not the right one for me and my 140.

2 hours ago i emailed them with a request for order cancellation & full refund... await reply

After breaking my dash cam usb charger yesterday on a trip to GSM Performance, today I bought and fitted a hardwire kit from Maplins. Took longer to remove and refit all the interior trim so I could hide all the wiring in the headlining/a post/behind the dash than it took to wire it in.

Edited by white301266

Got the aftermarket steering wheel to switch off the indicators.

Take this bit from behind the standard wheel

0b70e162d9db9300f3af708f15cc58a4.jpg

Cut the bit that sticks out the back of it off

0573e19813ec29d5f83ff33276f9873f.jpg

Ive not got more picks but basically take the bit you've cut off, run some tape in side it to make it tight and push it onto the steering column.

It will turn with it and cancel the indicators.

Simples

Spelling errors caused by me not giving a toss.

Edited by Scottish Storm

Got the aftermarket steering wheel to switch off the indicators.

Take this bit from behind the standard wheel

0b70e162d9db9300f3af708f15cc58a4.jpg

Cut the bit that sticks out the back of it off

0573e19813ec29d5f83ff33276f9873f.jpg

Ive not got more picks but basically take the bit you've cut off, run some tape in side it to make it tight and push it onto the steering column.

It will turn with it and cancel the indicators.

Simples

Spelling errors caused by me not giving a toss.

That is pretty cool mate, like it :thumbs:

Thought I would try my new jet wash out so after giving the RR a seeing to turn to the celica at which point it started to snow. What to do cars covered in foam and snow and its still falling out the sky......... sod it change nozzle blast the snow off and carry on cus as I tell me son thats what car guys do only wimps duck out at a bit of weather.

• Like 1

Thought I would try my new jet wash out so after giving the RR a seeing to turn to the celica at which point it started to snow. What to do cars covered in foam and snow and its still falling out the sky......... sod it change nozzle blast the snow off and carry on cus as I tell me son thats what car guys do only wimps duck out at a bit of weather.

Lol.

I was once told that you know you are a real cat guy when a. You wash your car in the rain and b. You buy the cheaper food in the petrol station shop so you can afford the fancy fuel for the car (car eats better than you do) lol

Today I thought, the sun is out and it would be a great day to get the hood down and have a ride out to Great Yarmouth for some fish and chips. We went to GY, had the Fish n Chips, came home with teh hood up,. just aswell, it snowed!!