Celica Club UK Messages

Website Downtime Notice

Click here for more information

Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

c.a.r.

What came in the Post Today?

Question

This is an idea I've stolen from another forum I used to use...

Rules are-

-If you've received something interesting for your Celica (be it big, or small) you post up an image. If it's obvious enough then there's no need for a description, or you could get people guessing...even just from the packaging if you so wish.

-Post up what you paid for it. This could be a bargain or RRP if you bought new or from auction, it helps indicate to other users the sort of price of things they may also wish to buy...

-Post up where you bought it from

To summarise- Pic, Price, Where?

I'll get the ball rolling (this just got delivered)...

KGrHqYOKpME3tfpzupFBOHc2OljDw_3.jpg

Car Audio Direct for £199...

3,328 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, daytona said:

in a nutshell .......yes.

outside a nutshell.............

Since lowering a car changes the spring rate and height of the car, lowering springs are categorised according to the spring rate, which is the amount of force or load it takes to compress a spring a certain distance. The higher the spring rate, the stiffer the spring is.

The two main types of lowering springs are the progressive rate springs and the linear rate springs. With progressive rate springs, the top and bottom coils have a bigger gap than the coils in the middle of the spring. The spring rate varies depending on the distance travelled, with the spring getting stiffer the more it is used, thus creating a comfortable ride. Progressive rate springs cost a lot more than linear rate springs; they are ideal for drivers who want buckets of aesthetic appeal and a smoother ride. Linear, standard, or specific rate springs have coils that are evenly spaced apart. There is no change to the spring rate no matter the distance one travels, thus the ride can get bumpy. Linear rate springs are less expensive than the progressive rate ones, and are for cars whose drivers prefer a better-quality lowering of the car and performance over looks.

Those Eibachs looks evenly spaced to me..... ?

This arrived... Not quite what I was expecting compared to the (obviously generic) stock photo, but...

305-121-101.jpg.016487153ab5535c4fd5a1b1c888d6e2.jpg

Came with a Ram air flex pipe thing that I have no idea where to put. Hope to fit it Saturday but it looks a bit cheap, if I am honest :/

Grand daddyhood arrives in 15 days

So they don't do them in pink. Worrever. :shrug:

baby.jpg

• Like 2

CF Sparkplug cover (Thanks Ray)

Now I just need to do something about that air box and pipe

IMG_0201.JPG.762338f105b7f21815af55300c8cae31.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG.dbcab0eb439fa96eaa2d0c935b8d220f.JPG

And a black battery :)

Edited by Freeman558
  • Like 1

Freeman, my preferred steel polish turned up today. Going to be a shineeeeeeeey weekend. Pipes and cover go in Wednesday :D

polish.jpg

• Like 3

thats one ive not heard of before mate :)  , everyone will want to look under the bonnet of yours at JDM combe ....

well done buddy , i know its taken you a while but its worth it in the end , myself next year im gonna use a new red as im fed up in dull weathers of the sparkle red looking copper etc.. might even be a custom red yet :)

• Like 1

It's lazy mans polish Baz. Special compound for steel. Fit felt tipped applkcator to cordless drill bzzzzz on wax bar which melts a bit onto spplicator. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by daytona
  • Like 1

My Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty that I had been waiting on.

Not as bad as I had feared, 3 points and £100 fine.

Which, considering the new rules, I will take without arguing.

Edited by Freeman558
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, celica1977 said:

i got one of these back in 2014 and i was doing 36 in a 30 zone ...

I'd feel a bit hard done by for that. :/

I was doing 56 in a 40. OK it was 1:46am on a weekday and on a dual carriage way but still, I don't have much of an excuse (well, any excuse, tbh) so I feel pretty lucky.

• Like 1

Just now, Freeman558 said:

I'd feel a bit hard done by for that. :/

I was doing 56 in a 40. OK it was 1:46am on a weekday and on a dual carriage way but still, I don't have much of an excuse (well, any excuse, tbh) so I feel pretty lucky.

yeah i know mate hardly speeding but the law is the law 

Thanks to Paul at TCB for the advice on these before selling them to me.

large.IMG_1256.JPG.277d490a1500665fcfe0654ac2577669.JPG

• Like 1

1st part of phase two claimed ...

20525651_10214005603514109_6539335755033143059_n.jpg.c79c0200243a3e4391b1c51c6a64f550.jpg

Edited by celica1977

Sticker is not straight on the old one and looks as though it will disintegrate if I try and move it. Got a better one for when peeps take sneaky peeps!

OK Tomb?

oily.jpg

• Like 1

The Decal's for my wheels

Some genuine from Japan, some replica's from UK

Both arrived the same day although ordered a fortnight apart.

Not sure if I will use the Rays Engineerins ones or not yet.

IMG_0285.JPG