Less than two weeks and I broke it already

Yep I have had the car less than two weeks an I broke it whilst trying to park. The corner of the parking space was broken but I knew I could squeeze in. Unfortunately being new to the car I thought I was further over than I was. Whilst reversing I caught the bumper on the broken bit and it started to rip off. I stopped and moved over then checked out the damage. Will need a new wheel arch liner possibly if I cant repair it and the two broken mounting points on the bumper I can fix easy enough. Fortunately I was able to semi repair it with a 10mm spanner, a multi tool and a cable tie to keep me going till I can look at it.

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

• Sad 3

At least it doesn't look like any lasting damage, looks like a nice example of a Gen 7. I've scraped, dented and scratched my 140 a few times over the years but polished most of the damage out and it's a good old daily driver :shrug:. It's annoying to accidentally park over a kerb or something like you did and it catches on the bumper or splitter

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ESTHAR_CITY said:

Have you thought about selling organs? I know I have 

I thought you already had, I thought that's why you've not been seen at any shows, you're trying still trying to get a dialysis machine that will fit in a bucket seat after selling off your last kidney.

;)

As for fuck ups like this. A little over 2 hrs after collecting my car from getting wrapped I had turned in on a parked mini and ruined it. Still hasn't been sorted.

Disclaimer: The above "joke" is making fun of the current financial cost of Project Ragnarok and not of people with legitimate kidney disease/disorders. Given it was posted on this forum and not Twitter I should not need to make such a disclaimer but it's still the internet, so just in case.

• Haha 3

Aye it happens. I got my rear subframe all sorted and golden;  not many days later I bottomed out over a speed bump and pushed the exhaust mid section into the fuel tank and the rear pipe into the newly painted subframe. 

Upon parking the car at its destination from that same journey, someone keyed the passenger door and over into the quarter panel. Then upon leaving said destination I curbed an alloy round the corner.

2 steps forward and 1 back; but you will get there eventually! Unless you take the cowards way out, like me.

Freeman; all I can say is that I am offended. It may be just a joke to you; but I know someone with financial difficulties and I am sure I can find someone with 1 kidney of which I can get to know them so I can feed off their problem.

《Enter your disclaimer here about said joke being just that》:D

11 hours ago, ESTHAR_CITY said:

Don't you just hate it when something like that happens, many years ago I heard the crunch as I curved my new alloys. I still beat myself up today about it. I will live in shame and excile. 

Have you thought about selling organs? I know I have

I've heard you can get £3k for a testicle. And thats just the one: so who says you can't have your cake and eat it.

Edited by Master flex

My sister had one kidney believe it or not. I will not be selling my body parts, any one wanna donate to a worthy cause? :laugh2:

Hopefully sort the bumper etc out tomorrow afternoon then Saturday she is getting a bath. She's been avoiding it the dirty git!

Once she is finally wash I can take some decent photos and start a build thread whoop!

Edited by commandosqueak
  • Like 1

Finally washed her. I have taken the front lip off to repaint as that is chipped to hell. She looks amazing even in the poor lighting. Will take some photos of her at the show tomorrow and use them on the build thread. She still needs some TLC but at least she is clean.

5EF6E475-46CA-4B4C-8126-B977E5F21913.jpeg

BF10E3CB-F777-4F98-A293-430C1588E9F9.jpeg

20CDE55D-D7D0-4E7A-8964-F76DDF7B0374.jpeg

2A766BC5-A904-4071-B5A3-BB544C97B44C.jpeg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.