Selling up

Morning all,

As the title suggests. I will be selling the gen 7.

I own 2 other cars and the costs of up-keeping all 3 of them was always budgeted for. However a recent pay increase has put me in a position where I might be able to get my 4 bedroom detached house by the time my current mortgage fixed period ends if I'm sensible; so after much thought, I'm going for it.

The problem is not with the Celicas maintenance, it's the cost for me to get it 'perfect' in my eyes. That and the set backs caused with generally modifying and changing a car with the lack of space isn't helping. I'll upload a picture later of the bathroom. Filled with seats and panels; I don't know how I have got away with it! Just setback after setback, buying new air compressors and parts developing faults... 

I'm throwing all of the other cars in and upgrading the Mrs current car; and have been offered £900 for mine.

I would rather it stay in the club; but ultimately the price above is with me stripping the TRD wing off it and the side skirts.

It's a shame I can't take the subframe and rear camber arms off and swap them for someone :).

If someone wants it for £900 It's theirs. Otherwise I'll take the parts I can shift and sell onwards.

I did P.M Gez to see if he wanted to straight swap the alloys with his for £100 on first refusal (4 new tyres with about 7.5mm tread on them!) 

But if others are interested let me know. Rather than making money I just want the car to help someone else's car be what I couldn't make mine: their perfection.

With enough interest I could put an add up with full specification.

To the lads who joined in the monthly meets I would still like to come along of you could +1 me. Maybe I could pay for the breakfasts (not Andy or Jeff though... I've seen your portions!)

20190525_183410.jpg

Edited by Master flex
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Cheers Free. I haven't even uploaded most of what I changed on it. 

To make things worse some little spanner has robbed my golden grill... must have thought it was real gold.

First time I left it unattended in Ashton :closedeyes:

20190525_183344.thumb.jpg.071173e879d1b11fe295db9ded0c8f7c.jpg

Yet again, well done on your pay rise mate and I hope it all goes well with your house.

With all the effort you have put in on your car this year, that’s a big decision to make :(

Cheers fellas.

It sort of only make a sense by me consolidating a number of my outgoings which should free up £300 a month NETT. It does it sound like much I know, but with the added income it becomes a large enough number to go balls out for. 

Strange really as I thought more money would have made me more comfortable keeping it. 

Part of me knows this I think Dan. I can see myself coming back. Celicas are one of only a few cars which turn my head; but its more to do with the space and time associated with it. I can't even explain it to you mate, you have undergone more adversity than anyone on this club.

The last few times I have taken her out on the road its not been enjoyable. (minus the lads round here on a meet; that's just carnage) the roads aren't maintained well enough for theae cars at this age; and there's so many mobile police, its becoming increasingly difficult to have some fun :( that and Oldham is a $hi7 hole. 

im with ESTHAR_CITY on this one, as he said if your selling it for 900 quid then all your going to pocket is 900 quid. from that level of savings my deductive powers say you was on minimum wage and its gone up for everyone :lol: lol

in this market if you sell a good celica now its gonna be mega hard to find another good one if you ever decide to come back. but if its a shed then its all well and said... :lol:

Granted; the actual money for the car is peanuts. Considering I need to save 20k in 2 years.

But the cost of owning / repairs and general maintenance of 2 cars will stack up to quite a bit.

I can't honestly say if it's a lemon of a car or not. The problem is that I have spent money voluntarily on it because I love the car. The rear subframe needed addressing but I think that's general maintenance on these things now.

The cars never failed in me but I have always had things looked at and changed on it before its got any worse, so I've probably spent more on it than was necessary. 

I've had a company car for 18 months and srill had the associated overheads. Where as now I'm starting to think about how glorious it would be to not have to pay any insurance / tax / maintenance... now that's a liberating thought.

Edit. If I say I'm on minimum wage will you donate :lol:

Edited by Master flex

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.