DIY Seat Stitch Dye

The give-away on using the pen technique, which you can clearly see in the video clip, is the ink will tend to pool on the lower outer edges of the stitching. When you wipe across the line of stitching, most of the pressure is on the top centre of each raised stitch, so that is where most of the ink will be removed from. The top of the stitch will look paler than where it goes down into the leather/fabric. I guess for standing back and looking at the overall effect, it will look OK. If you look closely - it may look like your child has gone round the seats colouring in :D

• Like 1

Haha, well hopefully when I test it on the gear gaiter it'll look alright! If it doesn't, I can just grab another. No stress.

J03, I'd whole heartedly hands down trade my T-Sport seats for GT's any day - they're gorgeous. Unfortunately if I had to spend £300 on the car, it would go straight on a front GT splitter and rear TRD valance, painted and delivered, for £300. After that there's a whole bunch of things that need sorting before I could buy GT seats :(

• Like 1

£300 GT seats or £300 on proper buckets is the question - I don't feel like the bolsters on Celica seats are really doing very much, and as much as I love the look of the GT seats, it's a lot of money for no added support.

My last car was an MG ZR like, and the bolsters on that may well give kidney damage before you get used to them.

Wonder what aftermarket buckets are like in a daily?

I think you would be best with a fresh chisel tip Baz to get more ink onto the stitch.

Unfortunately I cannot test on gaitor.

Defacing a Mondo original?

I'd never hear the bloody end of it :rolleyes:

.........and as the thread is coloured not a lot of point really................ :lol:

oh crap........................am still the winning bid for another dozen. Knickers!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361282031773?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

post-40822-0-03004100-1430469878_thumb.jpg

If you literally want to stand out (especially at night) use a highlighter pen lots of colour choice and very bright!

On another note I have used black magic markers to cover up scuffs on a black car bumper, works well for a few months then just redo it.

Still haven't tried it yet guys, will be next week sometime as it's arriving today but I'm not home until Tuesday. Quite looking forward to seeing how it'll come out in all honesty.

In the video with the sharpie, the colour was a lot darker. And that was on white stitching! So on grey stitching I've got a feeling it'll be a fair bit darker, which could be bad.

This is a good look, the first vid looks so quick and easy as well.

Well I am not sur I fancy sitting on the gear stick to see if it rubs off on my clothes personally G, :o but whatever floats your boat!

Interesting idea tho. :thumbs:

My new gear stick will be available at Japfest Daytona :giveup:

If you literally want to stand out (especially at night) use a highlighter pen lots of colour choice and very bright!

On another note I have used black magic markers to cover up scuffs on a black car bumper, works well for a few months then just redo it.

I have added a black permanent marker to the goody bag in case the clay session doesn't pick all the white bits out of the stone chips

• Like 1

Funnily enough I looked at my seat threads and thought they may be a bit dark grey to show the dye...............However didn't test as weekend weather a washout :angry:

But having accidentally won that ****ing ebay auction

I NOW HAVE 17 BLUE SHARPIES. :doh: 50P EACH AT JAPFEST.

• Like 1

Gaitor looks great. Looking forward to the test on the seats stitching. Had a look at my steering wheel stitching and it looks black. I'd love to do it there too but not sure it would take. The stitching may have been the same as the seats at one time but the dirt and grimes turned it black.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.