How much does Toyota actually know about their cars?

scottyyy

I phoned Toyota Bridgnd today to find out how much the service plans cost, gave my registration (54 plate) then the lady says to me "how old is that, nearly 12 years old?" I said no it was out late 2004 so its nearly 10 years. She then replies "So when was the car actually made" I said this car was 2004.. "what month was this?" I said im not sure I just got the car last week, but being a 54 plate it should of been registered after half way through the year.. "ok thank you" I should get paid for doing her job... Are all Toyota dealers this dim? lol :brickwall: :rolleyes:

I phoned Toyota Bridgnd today to find out how much the service plans cost, gave my registration (54 plate) then the lady says to me "how old is that, nearly 12 years old?" I said no it was out late 2004 so its nearly 10 years. She then replies "So when was the car actually made" I said this car was 2004.. "what month was this?" I said im not sure I just got the car last week, but being a 54 plate it should of been registered after half way through the year.. "ok thank you" I should get paid for doing her job... Are all Toyota dealers this dim? lol :brickwall: :rolleyes:

She might be new to the trade, we all have to start in a new trade and need a little time to adjust.

the old dealership in inverness didnt know what an SS-III was..... or superstrut for that matter.

They are trained to know about UK spec cars so SS-||| isn't relevant, and we only imported GT4's with SuperStrut, and the Carina E GTI had it too.

If the staff at the centre started recently they wouldn't know.

Old timers like me do though but still haven't needed to as yet.

She yeah, suppose I didn't think if she was new or not. Thought she was either blonde or just didn't know nothing about cars :rolleyes: But I can't say much as I don't know much .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I've never had any luck asking for parts at my local Mr T. The waiting area is always full of old people having coffee whilst their yaris/auris/avensis is being serviced. It seems like if your car is over 3 years old they're just not interested and have no idea.

My local Toyota joint is brilliant!

Theres one oriental chap who works there and anytime I ring he is always on the ball and knows what I'm talking about, even emails me diagrams and part numbers if he is not 100% but he always appears to be correct, I was told he has been with the company for years and it shows with his knowledge,

Now that's what I call customer service

Vast comparison to VW who won't even tell you the part number or size of a brake disc in fear that you will buy it elsewheres cheaper, they even said that on the phone. Now that's terrible

Edited by Jay_28

Where's that too Jay? Il ha've to see what this Bridgend one is like in person before judging them by the phone conversation... But looks like a few people had varyd experiences.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

sh*** all same as any other dealership employee, many haven't even heard of cars. go armed with part numbers, and also just go round the counter and use the parts database, I did that once, and I sensed a little confusion as to why I was able to navigate it as well as them lol...

She might be new to the trade, we all have to start in a new trade and need a little time to adjust.They are trained to know about UK spec cars so SS-||| isn't relevant, and we only imported GT4's with SuperStrut, and the Carina E GTI had it too.If the staff at the centre started recently they wouldn't know.Old timers like me do though but still haven't needed to as yet.

Naw, my old dealer was crap. Didn't know anything. The new people who have taken over the dealership know there stuff. Can't fault them.

One of my local Toyota dealerships (silsden) used to have a proper dodgey mechanic working there he dint even know what a celica was. He thought it was a Prius

Yeah, apparently they had to transfer him to sales because he caused so many f*ck ups. To date he's sold 5 Hondas :lol:

Vast comparison to VW who won't even tell you the part number or size of a brake disc in fear that you will buy it elsewheres cheaper, they even said that on the phone. Now that's terrible

Yep - Ive had the same with VW here - they will not help at all - Ive called up toyota before to check part numbers from other cars in case I have a cross match from one of the cars ive broken and theyve been happy to help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.