A bad day

Driving along yesterday and i started hearing a knocking sound, bearing in mind the car is lowered i assumed it was the droplinks so this annoyed me. Kept driving home and when i got there i had a look around the car. Turns out the left front wheel had all its wheel nuts undone...Needless to say i shat myself at this point, all done up and its fine.... Now concerened why they were undone!

Duh Duh Duuuuuhhhhh

:huh: you have checked the rest i guess? aftermarket wheels got the right nuts on? or you had any tyres changed in the last couple of months? ken had some new tyres earlier this year and one of his did the same a few days later cos the bozos hadnt done them up properly :o

Certainly was, gave ken the willies too by the time he found what was wrong his were off on one wheel and rolling about inside the momo centre cover. I give mine a random check now , hope that wasnt done by some lowlife starting to knick yours and maybe getting interrupted

I didn't do my wheel nuts up properly on a focus and the two fronts fell off while I was driving. Luckily I was only doing 5 mph and it fell on top of the alloys and held me up.

Shat myself.

Had this on my old focus. Started getting a knocking noise, took it to my mechanic mate to look at and he phoned me letting me know the wheel nuts were all loose. I had never touched them, but it had been at my regular garage a few weeks before - needless to say I've never been there since. Was fuming!!

Same thing happened to mellowfellow a year or two back.

I got a call from him asking if I could come & meet him outside his boy's school just down the road from me.

Chucked some tools in the boot & when I got there I found one of his front wheels had about 45 degrees of unwanted camber!

Turns out all 5 nuts had been loose, 3 had come off completely, the other 2 were only on about 1 & a half turns!

He had 4 bent studs & all 5 holes in his alloy had turned oval.

He ended up getting a whole new set of rims, but rather more worryingly, he'd been dropping his kid off at school & been doing upwards of 50mph only moments before.

He'd had a pair of new front tyres fitted at a local garage the day before... :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.