insurance

Guys, do you use every day or classic insurance for Gen 6 GT.

Are there any drawbacks with classic insurance and how much would a 1999 GT be worth with 102,000 on odometer.

Also can anyone suggest a good classic company ?

Thanks in anticipation  >>>>>>.Stu

Hi Stu

All Insurance Co's have had premium increases this year, so it's hard to say will be best for us oldies. The last 2 years the Avon has been insured by Lancaster. Unfortunately you only find out how good the policy is, when you have to claim.

If your Gen6 is on a low mileage per year and a second car  just have it as a classic policy.

I had to change insurer last Autumn as REIS stopped doing their multicar policies and reverted back to their core competition car policies.

I looked at a few and ended up with Flux who came up with a reasonable price overall for everyday car, camper and a few Celicas.

I'd been with Greenlight for years until this year as they weren't doing Agreed Valuation any more,which I needed for my Gen4,so I now have both my cars with Flux.Although they are on modified policies,but yeah shop around with the names the guys have mentioned.Mileage is an important consideration as is whether it is a second car,not a daily,if a second vehicle with low annual mileage,then you should be able to get a classic policy that suits. Flux do those too,for your reference.

Edited by Sherv

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.